Looking for parts

thebikerestorer

May 29, 2004
I have a Masi Neavo Strada that I'm currently restoring and I need to replace a few parts. The bike originally came with a cool set of Ambrosio handelbars that were destroyed in one of my many crashes and I would like to get another set but they seem to be as rare as hens teeth. Does anyone know where there might be a set? Also I want to repaint but I'll need new Masi and Columbus SL decals, know where I can find them? I also have a rare set of Eddco competion cranks and one of them stripped out a pedal,Any good advice on how to save these cranks? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Don't know about Handlebars but you might be able to get some decals by contacting Masi if they are still making bikes. I was able to get decals for a Bob Jackson I'm restoring this way. Cranks may be harder I know there are some vintage bike auctions here in the eastern US once or twice a year. You could try filling them with something but I don't think it would last long. Lead shims or plumbers epoxy. Best bet might be to give up getting things exactly as you had it and rather find similar parts of that vintage. Otherwise it may never take shape while you look to find that perfect part. Keep things simple if you find something better latter you can always swap it out later on. Than get some wool shorts and go for a ride on it.

thebikerestorer said:
I have a Masi Neavo Strada that I'm currently restoring and I need to replace a few parts. The bike originally came with a cool set of Ambrosio handelbars that were destroyed in one of my many crashes and I would like to get another set but they seem to be as rare as hens teeth. Does anyone know where there might be a set? Also I want to repaint but I'll need new Masi and Columbus SL decals, know where I can find them? I also have a rare set of Eddco competion cranks and one of them stripped out a pedal,Any good advice on how to save these cranks? Any help would be greatly appreciated

All of the parts you need can be found on Ebay. Not every day, but anything that was manufactured will show up on Ebay. The decals and repaint are a different story. There is a real industry in old-bike restoration. The artisans can repaint to better-than-factory condition and will have or make new decals. It is not cheap for these guys, so be ready to pay. One of the best restorers is Brian Baylis in California. Go to http://www.classicrendezvous.com/ClassicRe.htm and check out the the list. Bruce