rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

Looking for Portland Road Rides

Started by Joselas · · Last activity · 3 posts · 409 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
24 December 2004
Last activity
29 December 2004
Original author
Joselas
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
409
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm going to be visiting Portland between Christmas and New Years. Can
    anyone recommend some road rides. I'll be in the SE near Burnside and SE
    28th. Looking up google and such I think I'm set for my long ride. I'm
    planning on heading east on Marine Drive to the Gorge Scenic Highway, then
    I'll turn around and go back when I'm at my halfway time restraint (whatever
    that turns out to be). Overall I'd like to minimize traffic lights. I'd
    like to find shorter rides if possible one with a sustained steady climb of
    a 1000 ft or so. Is there anything like that within a 15 to 30 mile ride
    from where I'll be starting out? Any 15 to 30 mile ride suggestions would
    be appreciated.

    Thanks much

  2. Joselas said:

    I'm going to be visiting Portland between Christmas and New Years. Can
    anyone recommend some road rides. I'll be in the SE near Burnside and SE
    28th. Looking up google and such I think I'm set for my long ride. I'm
    planning on heading east on Marine Drive to the Gorge Scenic Highway, then
    I'll turn around and go back when I'm at my halfway time restraint (whatever
    that turns out to be). Overall I'd like to minimize traffic lights. I'd
    like to find shorter rides if possible one with a sustained steady climb of
    a 1000 ft or so. Is there anything like that within a 15 to 30 mile ride
    from where I'll be starting out? Any 15 to 30 mile ride suggestions would
    be appreciated.

    Thanks much


    Here's a link which has a lot of rides in the Portland/Vancouver area.
    http://www.blueberryrides.com/

    They have maps and q-sheets also. You shouldn't have any problem
    finding rides in the area. If you want to email me direct I can give
    you more info.

    John

  3. You're probably already here, and the weather is pretty bad, but you
    can also go to any bike shop in Portland and get a cycling map of
    Portland and the vicinity. There are also some small books put out
    called '25 road rides around Portland' or something like that available
    at any bike shop. Most of the bike shops are pretty friendly and you
    can just ask them for recommendations as well.

    Anything on Skyline Blvd is nice - you can go out past Cornilieous pass
    road and get into some nice rides, dipping down side roads and coming
    back up again if you want to get in some hills. Savie Island is great
    for flat road cycling. Hope you get in some good rides!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.