Looking for Recumbent Rental shops

Drrecumbnt

Guest
I'm writing a story about places to rent recumbents. If you know of good places to rent recumbents
in the USA, Europe or other neat locale, please drop me an email. Thanks Bob Bryant Recumbent
Cyclist News

We rented at The Caboose in Yellow Springs, Ohio....it is on a major bike trail.

news:[email protected]...

DrRecumbnt wrote:

> I'm writing a story about places to rent recumbents. If you know of good places to rent recumbents
> in the USA, Europe or other neat locale, please drop me an email.

I don't remember the names of the stores, but when I was in Montreal for the "Tour de Isle", I saw
a lot of bike shops renting Quetzal Aztecas. Maybe someone from the area can tell you what shops
these were.

Cheers.

DrRecumbnt wrote:

> I'm writing a story about places to rent recumbents. If you know of good places to rent recumbents
> in the USA, Europe or other neat locale, please drop me an email.

I don't remember the names of the stores, but when I was in Montreal for the "Tour de Isle", I saw
a lot of bike shops renting Quetzal Aztecas. Maybe someone from the area can tell you what shops
these were.

Cheers.

I've rented from Cambie Cycles in Vancouver, BC a couple times. I think Calhoun Cycle in Minneapolis
also rents 'bents.

Byron Simms

"DrRecumbnt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm writing a story about places to rent recumbents. If you know of good
places
> to rent recumbents in the USA, Europe or other neat locale, please drop me
an
> email. Thanks Bob Bryant Recumbent Cyclist News

Technically, it's Calhoun Rental http://calhounrental.com Same owner, Luke Breen, different store.

2 blocks West is Lake Calhoun which is part of the Grand Rounds trail system. Something like 50
miles of paved bike trails circling Minneapolis, following park lands the whole way. Going around
several lakes, along Minnehaha Creek, and along the Mississippi River. Very scenic.

1 block north is the Midtown Greenway, which is part of a regional trail system so vast, and growing
so rapidly, that nobody can tell us just how many miles there are. If it's less than 600 (counting
local and county park trails) I'd be astounded. Many of these trails are wide and lightly traveled.
Usually located to help you avoid heavily traveled roads.

BTW The guys I ride with are *very* experienced road riders, not bothered by traffic, and
knowledgable about which streets and roads are bike friendly. Yet our trails are so good that it's
not uncommon to finish a 70 mile ride and realize that 40-50 of the miles had been on trails.

"Byron Simms" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I've rented from Cambie Cycles in Vancouver, BC a couple times. I think Calhoun Cycle in
> Minneapolis also rents 'bents.
>> Byron Simms
>

> "DrRecumbnt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I'm writing a story about places to rent recumbents. If you know of good
> places
> > to rent recumbents in the USA, Europe or other neat locale, please drop me
> an
> > email. Thanks Bob Bryant Recumbent Cyclist News

[email protected] (DrRecumbnt) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm writing a story about places to rent recumbents. If you know of good places to rent recumbents
> in the USA, Europe or other neat locale, please drop me an email. Thanks Bob Bryant Recumbent
> Cyclist News

Panetary Cycles in Houston usually has a few rental bikes on hand. They used to rent Bike-E's and
EZ-1's and of course their own brand, Cycle Genius.

http://www.planetarycycles.com/
(713)668-2300