Looking for Recumbent Rental shops

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Drrecumbnt, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Drrecumbnt

    Drrecumbnt Guest

    I'm writing a story about places to rent recumbents. If you know of good places to rent recumbents
    in the USA, Europe or other neat locale, please drop me an email. Thanks Bob Bryant Recumbent
    Cyclist News

    Tags:

  2. Ben

    Ben New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
  3. watsonglenn

    watsonglenn New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2003
    New Orleans has a nice rental place with tours of the old homes in the area.

  4. Nanc

    Nanc Guest

    > New Orleans has a nice rental place with tours of the old homes in the area.

    Yes. Here's the website: http://www.laidbacktours.com/

    ~ Nanc 1999 Vision R44 USS 2003 Vision R45 USS Louisiana

  5. J. Davis

    J. Davis Guest

    We rented at The Caboose in Yellow Springs, Ohio....it is on a major bike trail.

    "DrRecumbnt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm writing a story about places to rent recumbents. If you know of good
    places
    > to rent recumbents in the USA, Europe or other neat locale, please drop me
    an
    > email. Thanks Bob Bryant Recumbent Cyclist News

  6. Bill Hole

    Bill Hole Guest

  7. DrRecumbnt wrote:

    > I'm writing a story about places to rent recumbents. If you know of good places to rent recumbents
    > in the USA, Europe or other neat locale, please drop me an email.

    I don't remember the names of the stores, but when I was in Montreal for the "Tour de Isle", I saw
    a lot of bike shops renting Quetzal Aztecas. Maybe someone from the area can tell you what shops
    these were.

    Cheers.

  8. DrRecumbnt wrote:

    > I'm writing a story about places to rent recumbents. If you know of good places to rent recumbents
    > in the USA, Europe or other neat locale, please drop me an email.

    I don't remember the names of the stores, but when I was in Montreal for the "Tour de Isle", I saw
    a lot of bike shops renting Quetzal Aztecas. Maybe someone from the area can tell you what shops
    these were.

    Cheers.

  9. Byron Simms

    Byron Simms Guest

    I've rented from Cambie Cycles in Vancouver, BC a couple times. I think Calhoun Cycle in Minneapolis
    also rents 'bents.

    Byron Simms

    "DrRecumbnt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm writing a story about places to rent recumbents. If you know of good
    places
    > to rent recumbents in the USA, Europe or other neat locale, please drop me
    an
    > email. Thanks Bob Bryant Recumbent Cyclist News

  10. Mark Stonich

    Mark Stonich Guest

    Technically, it's Calhoun Rental http://calhounrental.com Same owner, Luke Breen, different store.

    2 blocks West is Lake Calhoun which is part of the Grand Rounds trail system. Something like 50
    miles of paved bike trails circling Minneapolis, following park lands the whole way. Going around
    several lakes, along Minnehaha Creek, and along the Mississippi River. Very scenic.

    1 block north is the Midtown Greenway, which is part of a regional trail system so vast, and growing
    so rapidly, that nobody can tell us just how many miles there are. If it's less than 600 (counting
    local and county park trails) I'd be astounded. Many of these trails are wide and lightly traveled.
    Usually located to help you avoid heavily traveled roads.

    BTW The guys I ride with are *very* experienced road riders, not bothered by traffic, and
    knowledgable about which streets and roads are bike friendly. Yet our trails are so good that it's
    not uncommon to finish a 70 mile ride and realize that 40-50 of the miles had been on trails.

    "Byron Simms" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've rented from Cambie Cycles in Vancouver, BC a couple times. I think Calhoun Cycle in
    > Minneapolis also rents 'bents.
    >> Byron Simms
    >

    > "DrRecumbnt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm writing a story about places to rent recumbents. If you know of good
    > places
    > > to rent recumbents in the USA, Europe or other neat locale, please drop me
    > an
    > > email. Thanks Bob Bryant Recumbent Cyclist News

  11. Bill Anton

    Bill Anton Guest

    [email protected] (DrRecumbnt) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'm writing a story about places to rent recumbents. If you know of good places to rent recumbents
    > in the USA, Europe or other neat locale, please drop me an email. Thanks Bob Bryant Recumbent
    > Cyclist News

    Panetary Cycles in Houston usually has a few rental bikes on hand. They used to rent Bike-E's and
    EZ-1's and of course their own brand, Cycle Genius.

    http://www.planetarycycles.com/
    (713)668-2300