Looking for riders to join me - 4,000 mi across the US to raise $ for MS

ms4000

Jun 26, 2011
Hi, My name is Robbie McDermott, a recent high school graduate and outdoors enthusiast. This summer I am riding over 4,000 miles to raise $50,000 for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, moving for those who can't. On June 12th I started biking across the US from Anacortes, WA on my way to Bar Harbor, Maine with my family as SAG. Motivated by a friend's father's diagnosis and a series of MS-150 rides, I decided to dedicate this challenge to raising $50,000 for Multiple Sclerosis. I had dreamt since freshman year of taking a solo cross-country trek with a German Shepherd puppy tucked in my backpack. Although I am not riding with a dog strapped to my back, I am still making a solo trek. I've been following the Adventure Biking Northern Tier Tour maps, which has been a blast ... but I've had my fair share of detours (around the avalanche-prone Road to the Sun in Montana, flooding in Minot and the rest of North Dakota, and LOTS of construction!) I am writing to you to invite you to join me on this fundraising adventure. I am looking for enthusiastic cyclists, donors, and others willing to help spread the word. If you are interested in joining me for a portion of the ride please contact me ([email protected]) to see if we can set up a meeting point. I am currently making my way through Iowa and into Illinois. My plan is to finish in Bar Harbor at the end of this month. If you would like to hear more about the trip or see pictures/video from the ride so far, check out my website at MS4000.org. Thanks for your time and I hope to meet some of you along my way. Robbie P.S. If you or any of your loved ones have been diagnosed with MS I would love to dedicate this ride to you. Let me know and I will add their name to the list found on my website.