Looking for riding companions

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Old Wizard, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Old Wizard

    Old Wizard Guest

    I live in the in the foothills section of NC, about one-hour north of Charlotte. Looking for fellow
    casual recumbent riders. I am 51 and ride occasionally but would enjoy riding more if there were
    others to get out and about with. If anyone knows of a good bulletin board / e-mail / newsgroup that
    I could check, I would appreciate those leads. Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Steve Fox

    Steve Fox Guest

    Try: [email protected] They have a web site where you can join, etc.

    Steve

    Old Wizard wrote:

    [q1]>I live in the in the foothills section of NC, about one-hour north of Charlotte. Looking for fellow[/q1]
    [q1]>casual recumbent riders. I am 51 and ride occasionally but would enjoy riding more if there were[/q1]
    [q1]>others to get out and about with. If anyone knows of a good bulletin board / e-mail / newsgroup[/q1]
    [q1]>that I could check, I would appreciate those leads. Thanks.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

    --
    Steve Fox McKinleyville, CA http://members.cox.net/steve.fox

    Delete NOSPAM to reply

  3. Schodges

    Schodges Guest

    "Old Wizard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> I live in the in the foothills section of NC, about one-hour north of[/q1]
    Charlotte.

    I did a Google search for "Charlotte NC bicycle clubs" and lots of listings. The third one had a
    list of clubs alphabetically and under "R" was a recumbent group with two email addresses and
    notation of a monthly ride. Going to this or rides that most clubs have on any given weekend may
    generates some contacts. This should give you some approaches. The usenet group
    "rec.bicycles.ride(s)" (not sure about the s) may be helpful but covers the entire world. Steve