Looking for Roof Racks for my mountain bike

stevehans

Sep 11, 2013
Hi friends, I have just bought a mountain bike 26 inches, dual suspension. I am thinking of getting a set of roof racks for it. I lived in Chatswood, Sydney and I saw a few different brands online which are Thule, Yakima and Rhino racks. I am particularly interested in getting a bike rack that I do not need to take off the front wheel. I am confused by the different options. I went to a bike rack shop in Artarmon which is call Roof Rack World, I took a look in the big show room and I saw a bike rack which is Thule Proride 591. I am wondering if anybody has experience with this? If that is good, I will go and get it.

Thanks

0.jpg

Thule manufactures good quality racks. Never mistake it, or any rack, as an anti-theft device. Thule and Yakima lead the USA high-end market and Saris seems to be the most popular department store level racks around my area.

With all the major players offering basically the same styles of mounting (hitch, bar kits, gutter mounts, trunk mounts, wheel tray, grab bar, etc.), I base my choices around which rack fits the vehicle best and which rack offers the best corrosion resistant finishes.