Looking for shop shipping to Germany

Matthias Otto

Guest
Hi there!

Well, I got a problem.
I'm was looking for a hybrid bike in a local store here in germany.
They had a (in my opinion) real nice Cannondale. (Model Road Warrior
500).
The price was 1199 EUR (around 1400 USD), the store manager was
willing to sell it for 999 EUR (1200 USD).
Then I searched on the net, to find some more information about this
bike and saw an offer of a store in the USA: Same bike for 599 USD.

Yes, really a difference. So are there any hints, how I can get this
bike or another good hybrid (any suggestions are welcome) frome the
States to Germany? You may understand that I'm not willing to pay
almost 100 percent more....

Payment via PayPal would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Matthias

take a holiday and go to the u.s. :))
take an old bike with you and return with the new one.
ride it first , so it does not look new anymore !! customs might give a hard
time otherwise

bart

news:[email protected]...

"bart" <[email protected]> wrote:

>take a holiday and go to the u.s. :))
>take an old bike with you and return with the new one.
>ride it first , so it does not look new anymore !! customs might give a hard
>time otherwise

Damn, that wasn't the answer I hoped to get :-(
The main goal was to make the bike cheaper <g>

I don't see any problems with the german customs, just paying 16% VAT
and the bike would still be cheaper than the retail price here in
Europe.

Thanks anyways - trying ebay now (but it seems that there are no great
deals to make) and waiting for better deals in the local shops!

Regards,

Matthias

"Matthias Otto" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> Hi there!
>
> Well, I got a problem.
> I'm was looking for a hybrid bike in a local store here in germany.
> They had a (in my opinion) real nice Cannondale. (Model Road Warrior
> 500).
> The price was 1199 EUR (around 1400 USD), the store manager was
> willing to sell it for 999 EUR (1200 USD).
> Then I searched on the net, to find some more information about this
> bike and saw an offer of a store in the USA: Same bike for 599 USD.
>
> Yes, really a difference. So are there any hints, how I can get this
> bike or another good hybrid (any suggestions are welcome) frome the
> States to Germany? You may understand that I'm not willing to pay
> almost 100 percent more....
>
> Payment via PayPal would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Matthias

Which US Shop would that be, he asked him out of interest from the
Netherlands?

Bert L.am
Nederland/Veenendaal

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:49:54 +0200, Matthias Otto
<[email protected]> wrote (more or less):

>"bart" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>take a holiday and go to the u.s. :))
>>take an old bike with you and return with the new one.
>>ride it first , so it does not look new anymore !! customs might give a hard
>>time otherwise

>Damn, that wasn't the answer I hoped to get :-(
>The main goal was to make the bike cheaper <g>
>
>I don't see any problems with the german customs, just paying 16% VAT
>and the bike would still be cheaper than the retail price here in
>Europe.

There may be duty over and above VAT. Best to check with German
customs.

--
Cheers,
Euan