Looking for some rare (probably) parts



Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neil

Guest
Hello all,

De - lurking for the second time this year, I was wondering if anyone on here would know where I can
find the following?

Firstly I'm looking for Suntour Power Shifter, the one with the fine ratchet, but 2 handled for
front and rear Disraeli (I ride a road bike you see)

Secondly, I've got a wheel built from a nice Tandem Hub with an RH thread to take the block, but on
the other side theres an LH thread of the same size - my theory is that this might be to take a hub
brake - can anyone shed any light?

Happy cycling, if it is a bit windy :)

Neil
 
P

Pattledom

Guest
Neil wrote:

>
> Secondly, I've got a wheel built from a nice Tandem Hub with an RH thread to take the block, but
> on the other side theres an LH thread of the same size - my theory is that this might be to take a
> hub brake - can anyone shed any light?

It won't be that because a brake on a LH thread on that side of the hub would come unscrewed - it
needs to be RH.

Is it all LH, or half LH & half RH, in which case it's a fixed-free hub.

If it's just a LH thread it must be for applying power to the rear wheel in some way.

Hmmm, I seem to be shedding dark rather than light.

--
Andrew Pattle
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
"Pattledom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Neil wrote:
>
> >
> > Secondly, I've got a wheel built from a nice Tandem Hub with an RH thread to take the block, but
> > on the other side theres an LH thread of the same size - my theory is that this might be to take
> > a hub brake - can anyone shed any light?
>
> It won't be that because a brake on a LH thread on that side of the hub would come unscrewed - it
> needs to be RH.
>
> Is it all LH, or half LH & half RH, in which case it's a fixed-free hub.
>
> If it's just a LH thread it must be for applying power to the rear wheel
in
> some way.
>
> Hmmm, I seem to be shedding dark rather than light.

You're pretty much there.

It's almost certainly an RH thread on both sides, and yes, it is there to take a drum brake - the
Arai drum brake is the standard tandem drum brake.

Neil - try checking the threading again!

cheers, clive
 
C

Colin Anderson

Guest
Are you still looking for Suntour Powershifter levers? I've just removed a pair from my broken road
bike (frame snapped). I'll probably be building more of a mountain type bike to replace it so
probably won't need them. Let me know if you're interested. They were fitted to the bike back in
about 1980 (ish) and are still working perfectly. Cheers Colin

"Neil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hello all,
>
> De - lurking for the second time this year, I was wondering if anyone on here would know where I
> can find the following?
>
> Firstly I'm looking for Suntour Power Shifter, the one with the fine ratchet, but 2 handled for
> front and rear Disraeli (I ride a road bike you see)
>
> Secondly, I've got a wheel built from a nice Tandem Hub with an RH thread to take the block, but
> on the other side theres an LH thread of the same size - my theory is that this might be to take a
> hub brake - can anyone shed any light?
>
> Happy cycling, if it is a bit windy :)
>
> Neil
 
Status
Not open for further replies.