Looking for THE Multi-Purpose Wheel

BAZINGA213

Apr 26, 2012
Anywhere from aluminum clinchers to carbon clinchers. Not a big fan of tubulars. Something aero and light. What do you prefer?

You'll have to provide more detail about what you want. There are way too many kinds of wheels in that price range.

Sub $2000, aero, somewhat light. I live in Texas and I want a good wheelset that will allow me to go up the rolling hills and accelerate to the finish in a crit. Sub $2000

I have recently been looking for a new set of wheels, significantly below your price range though. I have always liked eastons/velomax. I found this article with some nice comparison testing of wheels - maybe it will help:

http://www.tour-magazin.de/services/qtr/epaper_4_2011/page92.html#/92

Ok, right now I'm building wheels at wheelbuilder.com and I spotted Reynolds Assault Wheels w/ DT240 hubs at almost $1900. Thanks for all of your help. How do the DT240s compare to the other hubs offered at wheelbuilder.com such as Chris King, Zipp 88/188, and DT180s?

Originally Posted by BAZINGA213 .

Ok, right now I'm building wheels at wheelbuilder.com and I spotted Reynolds Assault Wheels w/ DT240 hubs at almost $1900. Thanks for all of your help. How do the DT240s compare to the other hubs offered at wheelbuilder.com such as Chris King, Zipp 88/188, and DT180s?
DT240S hubs are badass. Arguably better than CK's (easier to service, and quieter), and not appreciably different enough from the DT180 to make the cost difference justifiable.

I have no experience w/ the Zipps.