Looking for Wafer Iron

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by The Bard, Mar 17, 2004.

  1. The Bard

    The Bard Guest

    Been looking for an iron to make wafers for a while but all
    I can find in my price range (around $40) are the electric
    ones. The only stove top model I've found is $70 and I don't
    have that much free cash so I was wondering if anyone knew
    where I could get one?

    I don't care if it's a pizzelle or Krumkake. Just looking to
    get one because my father had a triple bypass a few months
    ago and thought that this would be one sweet thing he could
    have and not feel too bad 'cause they're not much to them.

    I have made them before but any ideas/tips you could give
    me will much appreciated. And like I said don't care about
    the style of the irons just as long it the stinking thing
    doesn't have a cord attached (only one electrical plug in
    my kitchen).

    Thanks, James P.

    Tags:

  2. In article <aLE5c.23978$%[email protected]>,
    The Bard <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Been looking for an iron to make wafers for a while but
    > all I can find in my price range (around $40) are the
    > electric ones. The only stove top model I've found is $70
    > and I don't have that much free cash so I was wondering if
    > anyone knew where I could get one?
    >
    > I don't care if it's a pizzelle or Krumkake. Just looking
    > to get one because my father had a triple bypass a few
    > months ago and thought that this would be one sweet thing
    > he could have and not feel too bad 'cause they're not much
    > to them.

    Just butter, sugar, cream, and eggs. . . . Try
    www.ingebretsens.com (Scandinavian shop in Minneapolis) Or
    Sweet Celebrations (formerly Maid of Scandinavia)

    Maybe try an antique shop or a thrift store.

    > I have made them before but any ideas/tips you could give
    > me will much appreciated.

    We used to set the smoke alarm off all the time -- the
    butter oozing from the krumkake iron onto the burner
    would make a mess. I quit making them and buy them at a
    Sr. Citizen's Bake Sale -- Ruby Nelson does a FINE job
    with them. :)
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-13-04.
    Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got

  3. Limey

    Limey Guest

    "The Bard" wrote in message
    > Been looking for an iron to make wafers for a while but
    > all I can find in my price range (around $40) are the
    > electric ones. The only stove top model I've found is $70
    > and I don't have that much free cash so I was wondering if
    > anyone knew where I could get one?
    >
    > James P.

    Check on eBay. There's one heavy antique wafer iron shown
    and quite a few pizzelle irons (non-electric).

    Dora

  4. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "The Bard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:aLE5c.23978$%[email protected]...
    > Been looking for an iron to make wafers for a while but
    > all I can find in my price range (around $40) are the
    > electric ones. The only stove top model I've found is $70
    > and I don't have that much free cash so I was wondering if
    > anyone knew where I could get one?
    >
    > I don't care if it's a pizzelle or Krumkake. Just looking
    > to get one because my father had a triple bypass a few
    > months ago and thought that this would be one sweet thing
    > he could have and not feel too bad 'cause they're not much
    > to them.
    >
    > I have made them before but any ideas/tips you could give
    > me will much appreciated. And like I said don't care about
    > the style of the irons just as long it the stinking thing
    > doesn't have a cord attached (only one electrical plug in
    > my kitchen).
    >
    > Thanks, James P.

    http://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&iProd-
    uctID=1998

    $39.99

    Dimitri

  5. Laura

    Laura Guest

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article
    > <aLE5c.23978$%[email protected]>,
    > The Bard <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Been looking for an iron to make wafers for a while but
    > > all I can find in my price range (around $40) are the
    > > electric ones. The only stove top model I've found is
    > > $70 and I don't have that much free cash so I was
    > > wondering if anyone knew where I could get one?
    > >
    > > I don't care if it's a pizzelle or Krumkake. Just
    > > looking to get one because my father had a triple bypass
    > > a few months ago and thought that this would be one
    > > sweet thing he could have and not feel too bad 'cause
    > > they're not much to them.
    >
    > Just butter, sugar, cream, and eggs. . . . Try
    > www.ingebretsens.com (Scandinavian shop in Minneapolis) Or
    > Sweet Celebrations (formerly Maid of Scandinavia)
    >
    > Maybe try an antique shop or a thrift store.
    >
    > > I have made them before but any ideas/tips you could
    > > give me will much appreciated.
    >
    > We used to set the smoke alarm off all the time -- the
    > butter oozing from the krumkake iron onto the burner
    > would make a mess. I quit making them and buy them at a
    > Sr. Citizen's Bake Sale -- Ruby Nelson does a FINE job
    > with them. :)
    > --
    > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-13-04.
    > Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
    > the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a
    > rut and a grave is the depth of the hole."

    not sure the butter eggs crème in them is appropriate for
    after a bypass..might want to verify the persons dietary
    requirements now..

  6. The Bard

    The Bard Guest

    I have a few recipes tha aren't as rich as most, and just so
    you know already checked if he could have them or not. The
    problems he had are not diet related and are mostly caused
    by genetics. Now if we could get him to watch his temper!

    Thanks Guys, James P.

  7. In article <[email protected]>, "Laura"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:barbschaller-
    > [email protected]
    > > In article <aLE5c.23978$%[email protected]
    > > rthlink.net>, The Bard <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Been looking for an iron to make wafers for a while
    > > > but all I can find in my price range (around $40) are
    > > > the electric ones. The only stove top model I've found
    > > > is $70 and I don't have that much free cash so I was
    > > > wondering if anyone knew where I could get one?
    > > >
    > > > I don't care if it's a pizzelle or Krumkake. Just
    > > > looking to get one because my father had a triple
    > > > bypass a few months ago and thought that this would be
    > > > one sweet thing he could have and not feel too bad
    > > > 'cause they're not much to them.

    > > Just butter, sugar, cream, and eggs. . . .

    > not sure the butter eggs crème in them is appropriate for
    > after a bypass..might want to verify the persons dietary
    > requirements now..

    My point.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-13-04.
    Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
    the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a rut
    and a grave is the depth of the hole."

  8. Snowfeet1

    Snowfeet1 Guest

    I saw a Pizzelle (electric) not long ago at Bed Bah & Beyond
    or Linens & Things for $39.95.

  9. Witchy Way

    Witchy Way Guest

  10. Laura

    Laura Guest

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > message news:barbschaller-
    > > [email protected]
    > > > In article <aLE5c.23978$%[email protected]
    > > > earthlink.net>, The Bard <[email protected]>

    > > > Just butter, sugar, cream, and eggs. . . .
    >
    > > not sure the butter eggs crème in them is appropriate
    > > for after a bypass..might want to verify the persons
    > > dietary requirements now..
    >
    > My point.

    Oh <little voice> never mind.!

  11. In article <6_%[email protected]>,
    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote: (snip)

    > > > not sure the butter eggs crème in them is appropriate
    > > > for after a bypass..might want to verify the persons
    > > > dietary requirements now..

    > > My point.
    >
    > Oh <little voice> never mind.!

    It's okay. :) I've got a good sense of humor, too.