looking for Weyless web site & info..

Jen

Guest
Does anyone know if there is a Weyless web site? please post. also I here there copying the Schwinn
Homegrown frame any info on this?

"Jen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know if there is a Weyless web site? please post. also I here there copying the
> Schwinn Homegrown frame any info on this?

"Copying" and "emulating with a substandard product" are two different things. For example, some
Weyless frame claims to reproduce the Santa Cruz Superlight...if you believe that, you deserve the
headaches that will come with Weyless ownership.

The Weyless "website" is supergo.com. Don't shop there.

Go to a real store, get a real bike - if you plan on doing any real riding.

If you want a Homegrown, save for a Homegrown. It's that easy.

Chris

> "Copying" and "emulating with a substandard product" are two different things. For example, some
> Weyless frame claims to reproduce the Santa
Cruz
> Superlight...if you believe that, you deserve the headaches that will come with Weyless ownership.
>
> The Weyless "website" is supergo.com. Don't shop there.
>
> Go to a real store, get a real bike - if you plan on doing any real
riding.

Up yours. Got any facts to back up your claims, or is it common practice to talk out of your ****?
First off, Jenn did not request any ******** information, she just asked for the website (which you
kindly provided, but didn't even bother to check if it's on there) and if there was a Weyless copy
of the Homegrown. The answer to this is yes, Weyless produces a frame called the "Ultra" that is
similar to the Homegrown. It's made in Taiwan, like most of the bicycle frames out there today...
and probably made in the same factory as your Specialized or Trek or Giant. There was a recall on
the frames last year due to a defect in the Easton tubing, but this year's production run has
corrected this. It's a good frame for the money, if you're looking to build a light hardtail. Not a
bad substitute, considering the Homegrown hasn't been made for almost 3 years... you would most
likely have to find one used.

> If you want a Homegrown, save for a Homegrown. It's that easy.
>
> Chris

She never said she wanted a Homegrown. I'd sell her mine, but it's probably too big. =P To the
OP: The frame isn't on Supergo's website since they recently moved to a new format, they are
still working on getting the new site up to speed. If you want to order one, you can call the
mail order number listed on the site. If you want to read reviews, they are easy to find by doing
a Google search.

-John Morgan

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<vTlqb.2905$0K6.1535@fed1read06>...
<snip wayless commercial>
> It's a good frame for the money

I beg to differ. Any crappy frame is not worth the money, especially when it fails. Buy a bargain
frame, get bargain performance. Buy a quality frame, get qulaity performance.

JD

> "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> <snip wayless commercial>
> > It's a good frame for the money
>
> I beg to differ. Any crappy frame is not worth the money, especially when it fails. Buy a bargain
> frame, get bargain performance. Buy a quality frame, get qulaity performance.
>
> JD

Exactly. John Morgan is welcome to ride all the Weyless stuff he wants. Keep it away from me.

To Jenn, the OP: Sorry if you thought I was giving you "******** information" as John Morgan
suggests, but a simple rule with mtbs is: you never get more than you pay for.

Chris

> Exactly. John Morgan is welcome to ride all the Weyless stuff he wants. Keep it away from me.

If you consider all Taiwanese frames to be subpar, then fine... but my point is that Weyless is just
as good as any of them. If you only ride on American made frames or boutique frames, that's fine by
me. I'm only insisting that you compare apples to apples. I'm sure anyone would agree that a given
boutique frame is higher quality than a mass produced one... but does that mean nobody should ride
mass produced bicycles?

Ride what you can afford. Another simple MTB rule of thumb is: never pay for more than what you get.

-John Morgan

I thought most bikes are made in Taiwan... like Kona, Some Trek & Giant, the New 2004 Schwinn Moab,
and other big names. Haro just to name a few.

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:LXzqb.3098$0K6.1377@fed1read06...
> > Exactly. John Morgan is welcome to ride all the Weyless stuff he wants. Keep it away from me.
>
> If you consider all Taiwanese frames to be subpar, then fine... but my
point
> is that Weyless is just as good as any of them. If you only ride on American made frames or
> boutique frames, that's fine by me. I'm only insisting that you compare apples to apples. I'm sure
> anyone would agree that a given boutique frame is higher quality than a mass produced one... but
> does that mean nobody should ride mass produced bicycles?
>
> Ride what you can afford. Another simple MTB rule of thumb is: never pay for more than what
> you get.
>
> -John Morgan

"Jen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I thought most bikes are made in Taiwan... like Kona, Some Trek & Giant, the New 2004 Schwinn
> Moab, and other big names. Haro just to name a few.

Names is for tombstones, baby. Buy a bike, not a name.

JD