Looking for YEOLLOW tires 700x25c

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by ivelina, May 22, 2003.

1. ivelina

ivelina New Member

Hello,

I just bought the Michelin Axial Performance Tires and when i tried to put them on, I realised that they are a size too small for my wheels.

I've been looking all over the web for them in size 700x25c but I can't find them. I'm getting very frustrated b/c THEY ARE PERFECT in evey way but that last couple of milimeters that don't fit :(

PLEASE HELP !!

Tags:

2. climbo

climbo New Member

you don't need new tyres, Michelins are just hard to get on. You have to really stretch them first or use levers OR very strong thumbs to get them on the rim. 700 x 23 is what I assume you have, that size fits all 700cc rims which are what's on most road bikes these days. The 23 or the 25, 27, 28 etc. just relates to the width of the tyre.

3. ivelina

ivelina New Member

REALLY ????? OMG! You just made my day!

I tried realy hard last night to put them on but it looked like iwas going to bend the rim so I stoped.

how am i supposed to do it without damaginmg the weel? also, the old tube is too long and munches up at the end so should i put in a new and unstretched tube as well?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! INFORMATION is priceless :)

:D :D

4. rek

rek New Member

Your old tube is too long? That sounds strange if your wheel takes 700c tyres.

What size markings are there on your old tyre?

5. ivelina

ivelina New Member

Yes, the old tires were 700x25c and the pressure in them was a max of 120, so when i tried to put the same tubes in the new and never pumped 700x23c, it wa bunching up. But I just put them on with 2 new tubes and all is good now.

here is my gorgeous baby:

[​IMG]

6. climbo

climbo New Member

good stuff, once you get a technique it makes it easier each time. Now go RIDE !!!!

7. ivelina

ivelina New Member

Yeah... I WISH... you are from around here... you see the way the weather has been.... Here in Philly, we ride by the river and with these rains and insane winds, I'll find myself in the river :)

But I go anyway !!! :D

8. climbo

climbo New Member

yes, it sucks lately, I'm getting sick right now also so it REALLY sucks. No racing for me this weekend, resting up for next week.