Looking forward to the Downhill season in Les Deux Alpes

ecrinslodge

Feb 10, 2008
The winter season is rapidly coming to a close here in Les Deux Alpes and the recent mild conditions is staring to revealed many of the downhill tracks that we will be riding this Summer. The decent to Venosc is already clear of snow, although needs some work to clear fallen trees and rock slides. Despite it being officially closed until the lifts reopen in June, this won't stop myself and a couple of friends giving it a go in the down season. Last summer Les Deux Alpes invested heavily in its downhill tracks with much of the work on the higher slopes down from the glacier at 3000 meters. Having spent a enjoyable weekend in Les Gets last year, myself and my fellow downhillers were united in our onion that we far preferred what Les Deux Alpes has to offer. Although Les Gets and Morzine have a larger area, Les Deux Alpes is far less crowded and has considerably longer runs. Perhaps we just know it better here and know all its hidden secrets.

Those looking for a good option for mountain biking accomodation and don't mind being just outside the resort should consider the Ecrins Lodge situated just outside of Venosc and the end of Les Deux Alpes most popular decent. This stunning building is located in a peaceful farming village and on a cross country track that leads to the gondola in Venosc. The Lodge, which is perfect for individuals or groups of up to 10 people, features en-suite facilities, world class international cuisine, UK satellite television, free wireless Internet, safe storage for you bikes and of course the private hot tub on the deck.

www.ecrinslodge.com - Mountain Bike Accommodation :)