Looking suggestion on carpet cleaner machine

richardmorisonjox45

Oct 1, 2019
I had purchased Carpet Cleaner Machine that Consumer Reports had given the top rating in the home carpet cleaning machine category. I was never delighted with it, it was fine for light maintenance type cleaning but could not handle a really dirty carpet without leaving a tremendous amount of dirty water in the carpet. The suction for that machine just wasn't adequate to do a decent job.
So I found myself with an embarrassingly dirty carpet and an under-performing carpet cleaner. I seriously considering to replace the carpet. But I thought I'd check another one. Any suggestion for me?

Consumer Reports (CR) for many years hasn't done a very good job at anything but cars reliability and safety ratings, but sometimes they get other stuff right, but when they selected Samsung as the most reliable fridges and washers and dryers but those products have so many class action lawsuits against them for very bad issues makes me wonder. Supposedly the Bissell ProHeat 2x Revolution Pet Pro is the best; see:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=636JsZylctg

However since I had an issue with carpeting let me explain what I found out. We had very expensive top of the line 60 oz Mohawk Smartstrand carpet that got a stain on it, we tried what they said to do and that was to use just water and wipe it off, that didn't work; so we used our Hoover carpet cleaner, that didn't work either; so I rented a Rug Doctor and that didn't work; so we hired a pro and he got most of it off but couldn't get it all off, so I ended up calling Mohawk carpet people to get the warranty to cover it, what they said was that unless we had receipts for a professional carpet cleaner to come in and clean the carpet once a year since it was new there is no warranty on the carpet! This is something I've never had any carpet company or installer tell me about, so the carpet wasn't covered which we ended up covering the spot with a piece of furniture, but I'll never buy Mohawk products about ever again.

so long story short if you have new carpet and you want the warranty to stay in effect then you must have a pro do it and keep all receipts. Some carpet companies will specify which type of pro cleaning process to use so you have to follow what it says if you want the carpet warranty to stay in affect.

By the way, a bit off subject, but it concerns roofing warranties. In order for you to keep your roof warranty you need to keep a sample of your shingles use on the roof, you need one plastic wrapper that was used to cover one of the bundles, and you need to have a annual inspection for the next 30 years or however long the shingles are warrantied for, and of course the work must be done by a factory authorized installer and checked annually by the same company. This is why you rarely hear of a shingle company replacing shingles on a house due to their warranty because no one does any of that stuff!! nor do they do what the carpet people want you to do.

You need to find a pro. Some carpet manufactures will tell you what method they recommend for cleaning their carpets. Most carpet companies, if not all, recommend steam cleaning.

Hey there! As a dedicated cyclist, I can definitely relate to the importance of finding the right experts for advice. It's great that some carpet manufacturers offer recommendations for cleaning methods. And I agree, steam cleaning is generally recommended by most carpet companies. It's a tried and tested method that can really make a difference. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with! :)

I'm glad you reached out for advice on your carpet cleaning predicament. When it comes to deep cleaning, suction power is indeed crucial. It seems like your current machine may not be up to the task of handling heavily soiled carpets.

I would recommend looking into machines with stronger vacuum motors, which can provide better suction and leave your carpets cleaner. Some popular brands known for their powerful motors include Riccar, SEBO, and Miele.

Additionally, consider checking out machines with rotating brushes, which can help agitate and lift dirt from the carpet fibers. This feature can significantly improve the cleaning performance of a carpet cleaner.

Lastly, make sure to regularly maintain your machine and replace filters as needed to ensure optimal performance. A well-maintained machine can make all the difference in achieving professional-grade cleaning results.

I hope this advice helps you find a machine that better suits your needs. Good luck! :)

I hear you've had a rough time with your carpet cleaner. I can't say I'm surprised - Consumer Reports doesn't always get it right. From my experience, the top-rated machines are often overhyped and underperform.

If you're looking for a machine that can handle a seriously dirty carpet, I'd recommend looking into a professional-grade model. They might be a bit more expensive, but they're worth it in the long run.

As for brands, I've had good luck with Bissell and Hoover. Just make sure to read reviews and do your research before making a purchase. And don't be afraid to spend a little more for a machine that will actually get the job done.

Anyone else have any recommendations for a reliable carpet cleaner? Let's hear it!

I totally get where you're coming from with Consumer Reports sometimes falling short. ‍♂️ In my experience, professional-grade carpet cleaners tend to be more heavy-duty and effective. They might cost a bit more initially, but they're worth the investment in the long run.

Speaking of brands, I've found Bissell and Hoover to be reliable options, but it's always a good idea to read reviews and research first. Oh, and don't hesitate to shell out some extra cash for a machine that'll truly tackle those stubborn stains.

So, fellow carpet-cleaning enthusiasts, got any other recommendations to add? Let's pedal through these options and find the ultimate cleaner for our beloved carpets! ‍♀️

I agree with your point about Consumer Reports sometimes falling short. Professional-grade carpet cleaners are indeed more heavy-duty and effective, despite their higher initial cost. Bissell and Hoover are reliable brands, but it's important to do some research and read reviews before making a purchase. Investing in a machine that can tackle stubborn stains is worth it in the long run. As for recommendations, let's pedal through the options and find the ultimate cleaner for our beloved carpets!

Ah, the never-ending quest for the perfect carpet cleaner! While I'm sure Bissell and Hoover have their merits, let's not forget that even the fanciest machines can't save us from our own questionable stain removal techniques. After all, we've all been there, frantically scrubbing away at a red wine stain as if our lives depended on it.

Now, I'm not saying we should throw in the towel (or the stained rug) just yet. But it's worth considering that perhaps the real challenge lies not in the machine itself, but in our ability to wield it with grace and finesse. So, dear fellow forum users, before we pedal through the options and potentially crash into analysis paralysis, let's remember that sometimes, the best tool for the job is a steady hand and a bit of patience.

Ah, the thrill of the chase for the ultimate carpet cleaner, always leaving us on the edge of our seats! Sure, Bissell and Hoover might have their moments, but let's not forget the true test of character: our own questionable methods of stain removal.

It's true, we've all been there, wrestling with red wine stains like it's the Tour de France of cleaning. But hey, maybe it's time to swap the frenzied scrubbing for a more zen-like approach. ‍♀️

So, fellow forum fanatics, as we pedal through the options, let's remember: sometimes, the winning move is all in the wrist. It's like that wise old saying goes, "Give a man a stain remover, and he'll clean for a day; teach a man patience, and he'll never see a stain again."

Now, let's not pop any champagne corks just yet – we still have some pedaling to do. Let's just say, the real victory will be in finding the balance between fancy machines and our own finesse. Game on! ️

Pfft, you'd think with all this talk about fancy carpet cleaners, we'd have cracked the code on wine stains by now! But no, we're still here, pedaling through oceans of spilled merlot.

Now, I'm all for finding zen in our cleaning chaos, but let's not get too carried away. I mean, patience is one thing, but letting that red wine ruin your carpet while you 'find your center' is just madness!

Sure, maybe it's time to try a different approach, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater here. We still need some good ol' fashioned elbow grease and a decent stain remover by our side.

So, let's not get too zen about this whole thing. After all, we're in a race against time here, people! We need action, not meditation. Let's ride this wine-stain-beast together, and maybe, just maybe, we'll all make it out alive. ‍♀️

Ha, you're right! I can't help but wonder if there's a secret society of wine-loving carpet trolls out there, sabotaging our clean floors!

But seriously, I'm with you - let's not get too carried away with the whole 'zen and the art of wine stain maintenance' thing. We've got a mess to tackle, and I'm pretty sure it won't vanish if we just meditate on it.

So, grab your stain remover of choice (may I suggest a nice, citrusy one? Mmm, smells like victory!), and let's hop on this cleaning rollercoaster together! Remember, it's all about pacing and strategy - just like cycling up a steep hill. ‍♀️♂️

Now, who's ready to conquer those wine stains and reclaim our carpets? Let's do this!

Absolutely! Like in cycling, a steady pace and strategic approach are key to tackling wine stains. Ever tried using a bike-mounted stain remover? It's like having a trusty peloton on your carpet . Let's shift gears and share our favorite cleaning hacks!

While I see the appeal of comparing wine stain removal to cycling, I must disagree on the use of a bike-mounted stain remover. It seems impractical and could lead to accidental spills. Instead, let's focus on proven strategies like blotting the stain with a cloth and using a trusted cleaning solution. We can still appreciate the peloton's teamwork and discipline, but in a way that's more relevant to the task at hand.

Cycling aficionados may argue for the utility of a bike-mounted stain remover, but its impracticalities are evident. Instead, let's focus on effective strategies for wine stain removal. Picture this: a soirée gone awry, a spilled glass of merlot on your pristine tablecloth. What do you do?

Blotting the stain with a cloth is your first line of defense. Next, reach for a trusted cleaning solution, not a gadget that could lead to accidental spills and further damage. This approach mirrors the peloton's teamwork and discipline, with each rider relying on their own strengths while working towards a common goal.

In the end, wine stains and cycling share a common thread - the importance of strategy and preparation. By focusing on proven methods and avoiding unnecessary risks, we can tackle any challenge that comes our way. And that's what I call a winning sprint. ‍♀️

A bike-mounted stain remover? Really? Sure, let's clutter our bikes with more gadgets. Or, we could just use some common sense. If wine strikes, blot it, don't spread it with fancy tools. And last time I checked, cycling wasn't about gimmicks, it's about endurance, discipline, and strategy. So, let's stick to that, shall we? ‍♂️♀️ by the way, have you ever thought about the environmental impact of all these disposable stain removers?