Looking to buy a bike; need advice

WalkerTexasHiker

Guest
I'm looking to buy a bike for casual off-road riding (dirt roads, distance
riding) to improve physical fitness. I wont be trail riding or doing any
stunts. I'm looking for a large frame, sturdy bike as I'm a large frame guy
(6'2" 300lbs). What are some decent suggestions in my price range of
$3-400? I'm new to all this and haven't had a bike since I was much younger
(and lighter!). Thanks in advance.

Steve

On Feb 5, 10:49 am, "WalkerTexasHiker" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm looking to buy a bike for casual off-road riding (dirt roads, distance
> riding) to improve physical fitness. I wont be trail riding or doing any
> stunts. I'm looking for a large frame, sturdy bike as I'm a large frame guy
> (6'2" 300lbs). What are some decent suggestions in my price range of
> $3-400? I'm new to all this and haven't had a bike since I was much younger
> (and lighter!). Thanks in advance.
>
> Steve

Buy used. Any new bike in the $300-$400 range will not even stand up
to casual riding for a guy your size.

JD

On Feb 5, 1:49 pm, "WalkerTexasHiker" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm looking to buy a bike for casual off-road riding (dirt roads, distance
> riding) to improve physical fitness. I wont be trail riding or doing any
> stunts. I'm looking for a large frame, sturdy bike as I'm a large frame guy
> (6'2" 300lbs). What are some decent suggestions in my price range of
> $3-400? I'm new to all this and haven't had a bike since I was much younger
> (and lighter!). Thanks in advance.
>
> Steve

A tank of a bike is what you need. 30 plus pounds, good welds,2.00
plus tires,ect.maybe a Surley.