looking to buy A CARLTON 531

markf1

Mar 29, 2006
HI can anyone help me im interested in BUYING a "carlton corsair" 531 it was my last bike that I had that worked for me back in 1983 I loved it and spent many a day riding it I found the bike to fit me very well
If any one knows where I can buy a good one please let me know
MARK
portsmouth hampshire UK

markf1 said:
HI can anyone help me im interested in BUYING a "carlton corsair" 531 it was my last bike that I had that worked for me back in 1983 I loved it and spent many a day riding it I found the bike to fit me very well
If any one knows where I can buy a good one please let me know
MARK
portsmouth hampshire UK

Keep an out on eBay. There are a few Carltons on US eBay now (two of which are actually in the UK). Old stuff of every kind comes up on eBay periodically, but you need to search it regularly for what you want and then pounce when it is available. Monitor both US eBay and UK eBay.

Good luck. Last year I started riding a 1983 Trek 531 frame as my commuter bike and love it.

You might also check www.classicrendezvous.com, they can at least point you in the right direction.

ebay is your best bet, but it will take a lot of patience. I looked for a year to find an example of my old college racing bike, a Falcon San Remo, before I finally found one.

The good news is, that if one does turn up it will probably be fairly cheap. Paid $250 for my Falcon, though it had been hanging in a garage for 20 years. Shined up nice, and has that marvelous feel that only a British made 531 frame has. Old Campy NR gear is still tight.