Looking to buy DB bmx... any good aussie bikeshops?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by uDi, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. uDi

    uDi New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2003
    I'm not sure if there is a specific BMX section, I couldn't find one so I thought i'd post here. I'm and MTB'er looking to go BMX, and a certain Diamondback Reactor 04 has caught my eye, and im looking for stores in australia that will send around the country. I am in brisbane...

    Does anyone know of any such shops that sell DB bikes at reasonable prices?

    ive already checked out mcbikes.com.au, and www.fraserscycles.com.au/BMX_Diamondback.htm

    looking for more places so I can get some cheaper pricing.

    Tags:

  2. uDi

    uDi New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2003
    Glad to see so much help about :rolleyes:
    I know I know.... this probably isnt the right place to ask my question, but I was hoping/assuming someone might be able to show me a few places that sell DB. :(

    oh well... back to google searches.

  3. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "uDi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Glad to see so much help about :rolleyes: I know I know.... this probably isnt the right place to
    > ask my question, but I was hoping/assuming someone might be able to show me a few places that
    > sell DB. :(

    You didn't wait very long.. 7 business hours newsreader time doesn't give people long to reply,
    especially when BMX isn't such a hot topic here.

    Maybe call some of these guys:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=diamondb ack+bmx+site%3A.au

    Other than that, call any bike shops that deal with DB. I thought DB were quite common? Look in the
    Yellow Pages too. Try a bmx club? Or maybe have a look at other bikes that you can get from your
    local shops?

    hth hippy

  4. Trevor S

    Trevor S Guest

    uDi <[email protected]> wrote in news:3f5c13fa_4 @news.chariot.net.au:

    > Glad to see so much help about :rolleyes:

    Hey you want prompt advice you pay for it, send me $50 and I will get back to you within 30 mins !

    --
    Trevor S

    "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." -Albert Einstein

  5. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "Trevor S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hey you want prompt advice you pay for it, send me $50 and I will get back to you within 30 mins !

    Doh! I spun MY crap for free! :p

    hippy

  6. uDi

    uDi New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2003
    Thanks hippy. I will look and see what I can find. I'd buy locally, but (as in most cases) I think I can get a better bike with better gear for the same price as a lesser bike locally, if I shop around on the net etc.

    DB actually don't seem to common, I haven't seen many around, and I can't think of many shops that do db around here. Are they a good brand do you think? Like no cheap shortcuts etc.. you guys probably have some experience with db mtb's?

    sorry about expecting quick replies..... im too used to some forums that are packed with at least 20 users at once... my bad

    point taken trevor - but you aint makin any money off me. ;)

  7. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
  8. uDi

    uDi New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2003
    hey thanks. strictlybmx dont have DB listed on their site, but I will talk to them anyway - theres other cool bikes on there and lots of parts etc.