Looking to buy new road bike... what size should I get????

nicknewie1983

Sep 5, 2009
I am looking to buy a Avanti Quantum Team Road Bike size 55 (medium)

I am 181cm tall... Will this bike suit me?

Would love some advice

nicknewie1983 said:

Would love some advice

It might, but you will need to perform some heroics with stem length and saddle and handlebar positions to get comfortable on it. I think you'd find the 56.5 a much better fit.

If you want a realistic answer, there's no way to tell from your height alone, because it's your leg length that matters, not your overall height. Not everyone has the same proportions. Of course, the horizontal cockpit length of the bike matters too, and there's even more variation with that than with leg length. Riding a road bike is a more position-sensitive activity than it is with other kinds of bikes. Only buy from a bike shop that can advise you properly in person.

nicknewie1983 said:

Would love some advice

I have started using a bicycle to commute to work. It has not only saved me some dollars but has also been making me feel healthy.

I purchased a giant mountain bike a couple of days ago. I picked my bike from the Bike Shop Castle Hill in Sydney and found they were really helpful and knew their stuff. If anyone is interested their website is Bike Shop Sydney - Bike Shop Castle Hill They seem to have all makes of bikes so maybe worth checking out.