Looking to join clubs Around Joondalup area

jwalker

Aug 14, 2006
Hi All,

I've recently moved over from the UK and living around Tapping, I'm looking to join a decent road club nearby but am unsure as to who.

I've come over from a rising CAT 3 in the UK and looking for a club or team that has riders of all abilities (its going to take me time to acclimatise to riding in the heat) That does around 40-70miles (whats that in KM?) on club runs but also has a good presents at races etc.

Anyone able to suggest anything?

thanks

jwalker said:
Hi All,

I've recently moved over from the UK and living around Tapping, I'm looking to join a decent road club nearby but am unsure as to who.

I've come over from a rising CAT 3 in the UK and looking for a club or team that has riders of all abilities (its going to take me time to acclimatise to riding in the heat) That does around 40-70miles (whats that in KM?) on club runs but also has a good presents at races etc.

Anyone able to suggest anything?

thanks
Mate we arent all farken dingo trackers. Where the hell is Jewielip? Anyway sounds like you rate yourself a touch ;) You should mosey on down to Melbourne. Just to ease your way into the scene I would just start off with a few easier races. Melbourne to Warrnambool Classic is coming up and is probably a nice friendly race to help you settle in.

Good luck.

Try here for a start. http://www.wa.cycling.org.au/default.html

They should be able to point you in the direction of a local club.

Also, given that the TT's are apopular form of racing in the UK (from what I've heard) you may be interested to know that the Australian Time Trial Association (ATTA) runs regular TT's over in Perth & surrounds.

Or, of course, you may not be interested in which case..meh :D :)

The most suitable club for you would be Northern Districts Cycle Club. I think their website is www.ndcc8m.com but it may have changed. Anyway Google it...as for training rides, I used to train with Joondalup Cycle City- they're located in Winton Rd, Joondalup. Sat morning rides are 6:00 am or 6:30 am- ring the shop. Fairly quick pace (for me anyway!) They would ride about 60 kms (about 35 miles?). Coming from the UK, you will be disappointed with the number of cycling groups in Perth, particularly the northern suburbs...

try asking this on bicycle net australia, in the West Australian section of the forum, a lot of helpful on there and plenty from up north