Looking to share costs with importing a Titanium frame from China with WA person.

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Marty Wallace, Sep 23, 2004.

  1. A friend of mine wants to get a titanium mountain bike frame from China. He
    wants to use it for touring in Europe. Importing two frames at a time
    reduces the freight costs by half because two frames will fit in one box and
    the cost of wiring the money can be shared. I presently have three titanium
    framed bikes made by this company. My MTB cost me US$ 515 which included a
    ti seat post, ti double butted handlebar, titanium head stem and freight. My
    triathlon bike frame was cheaper.

    Anyone interested, let me know.

    Marty

    Tags:

  2. gclark8

    gclark8 New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2004
    Messages:
    3,522
    have you thought of asking this question on the triwa web page?

  3. "gclark8" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > have you thought of asking this question on the triwa web page?
    >

    > --
    > gclark8

    Well I have but the website operator doesn't seem to like anything except
    pure triathlon stuff on the website, so I didn't put it there.

    Marty

  4. Bikesoiler

    Bikesoiler New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2003
    How soon is this transaction planned? & what custom frame options are there?

  5. "Bikesoiler" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > Marty Wallace Wrote:
    > > A friend of mine wants to get a titanium mountain bike frame from China.
    > > He
    > > wants to use it for touring in Europe. Importing two frames at a time
    > > reduces the freight costs by half because two frames will fit in one
    > > box and
    > > the cost of wiring the money can be shared. I presently have three
    > > titanium
    > > framed bikes made by this company. My MTB cost me US$ 515 which
    > > included a
    > > ti seat post, ti double butted handlebar, titanium head stem and
    > > freight. My
    > > triathlon bike frame was cheaper.
    > >
    > > Anyone interested, let me know.
    > >
    > > Marty

    > How soon is this transaction planned? & what custom frame options are
    > there?
    >

    > --
    > Bikesoiler

    Within the next month or two, there's no great rush at this stage.
    I think it costs about US$50 to get the frame customised. Someone I know has
    had a custom frame made and I can put you onto them for further info.

    Marty

  6. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "Bikesoiler" <[email protected]
    > How soon is this transaction planned? & what custom frame options
    > are there?

    Tempted! I can picture the drool emerging as I type..

    hippy ;-)

  7. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    for those havent read previous threads on this/who dont know, this is from...

    http://www.xacd.com.cn/

  8. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > hippy Wrote:
    > > "Bikesoiler" <[email protected]
    > > > How soon is this transaction planned? & what custom frame options
    > > > are there?

    > > Tempted! I can picture the drool emerging as I type..
    > >
    > > hippy ;-)

    > for those havent read previous threads on this/who dont know, this is
    > from...
    >
    > http://www.xacd.com.cn/
    >

    > --
    > flyingdutch

    My custom frame was $US340.
    If somebody was looking to put a bulk order through I am interested in get a
    set of two of the quick release skewers.
    I have no idea how much these are though.

    Peter