looking to start riding...

hot2trot

May 5, 2007
So im interested in starting to do road biking. I plan on riding weekends and occasionally weekdays. The dilemma is my friend's friend is selling a 2004 Scattante carbon bike with ultegra components with about 4000 miles. Is this a good bike for a beginner or anything else i should know? He is asking $750. What you guys think? thanks.

hot2trot said:
So im interested in starting to do road biking. I plan on riding weekends and occasionally weekdays. The dilemma is my friend's friend is selling a 2004 Scattante carbon bike with ultegra components with about 4000 miles. Is this a good bike for a beginner or anything else i should know? He is asking $750. What you guys think? thanks.
The price seems reasonable if it's in good shape. The only real question is how it fits you.

If it fits you it seems like a good deal. The brand is Performance's house brand so its not super high end, but its a carbon bike with Ultegra so its not entry level either. It was probably somewhere around $1500 or a bit above new. Just make sure the fit is right and the bike hasn't been crashed.

thanks for replying. im probably gonna make sure it fits this coming weekend. thanks again.