Looking to swap Mavic Cosmic Carbone tubular rims for (similar) clincher rims

Wes Fallan

Apr 27, 2013
I have a set of very good condition Mavic Cosmic Carbone tubular rims (RRP 1,800, 2 years ago). I typically use the bike in sportives and for weekend riding but would like to start commuting and the risk of increased puncturing on the way to work has led me to pursue the option of simply swapping the rims for something similar in clincher form..... anyone interested?([email protected] / 07977135503)

Hellova nice...er...'commuter' bike!

I'll swap you a pair of bomb proof Schwinn Approved double-walled, chrome plated clinchers wheels on Atom hubs for those and I'll even throw in a pair of only slightly dry-rotted Schwinn Puff gumwalls. Perfect for commutes thru land mines and potholes.

Mavic just came out with Cosmic Carbon clinchers after years of development, notably good for braking improvements on wet roads or long descents, where do you intend to leave your bike while your work ?

vspa said:
Mavic just came out with Cosmic Carbon clinchers after years of development, notably good for braking improvements on wet roads or long descents, where do you intend to leave your bike while your work ?
Sort of. They're actually a hybrid clincher, an aluminum piece bonded to a CF structure. So, the brake track is actually CF that is bonded to aluminum.

yes they explained that in the magazine i read, so the aluminium is used for mechanical purposes and not for saving money for example, as you said earlier we need to wait until they come into the market and people actually try them,

vspa said:
yes they explained that in the magazine i read, so the aluminium is used for mechanical purposes and not for saving money for example, as you said earlier we need to wait until they come into the market and people actually try them,
I think the pricing on those is a bit steep compared to other wheels on the market.

Hi mate
I have just purchased a brand new pair of carbon FLO90 rear and FLO60 front with ceramic bearings from Amercia for 1400 dollars.
Love the wheels but took them to road race and was told they are not on uci approved wheel list and could not use them.
They were built for time trials and triathalon so i am looking to swap for something i can use for road racing .
Send me a email if you are intrested and i can send you picture [email protected]