looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Acidburns

Hi im looking for a club or a group of freeriders to ride with at the weekends . I live in Northants
area and there is not much going on here so i would like to meet some people togo riding with.
Thanks Scott

acidburns wrote:
> Hi im looking for a club or a group of freeriders to ride with at the weekends . I live in
> Northants area and there is not much going on here so i would like to meet some people togo riding
> with. Thanks Scott

This is an international group - perhaps you should specify that Northants is in the UK. You're
unlikely to find anyone here though - try http://www.southerndownhill.com

"bomba" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[email protected]...
> acidburns wrote:
> > Hi im looking for a club or a group of freeriders to ride with at the weekends . I live in
> > Northants area and there is not much going on here
so i
> > would like to meet some people togo riding with. Thanks Scott
>
> This is an international group - perhaps you should specify that Northants is in the UK. You're
> unlikely to find anyone here though - try http://www.southerndownhill.com
>

Hey Bomba,

This makes me recall some question about a "Willow Creek" a couple of weeks back. It turns out
that the original poster was referring to a place in Austin TX. Unless a reader lives, or has
lived there, he/she would have no clue about the place that the poster was talking about. Also,
there are probably at least 100 willow creeks. This happens all over this NG: In

the dead lizard switchback..."), etc. I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is referring
to Idaho, Travis-Maine, JD-Colorado, etc. With others I am not sure.

Something to this effect should go into the faq.

just my 0.02EUR

-Dave

Dave Stocker thoughtfully penned:
> This makes me recall some question about a "Willow Creek" a couple of weeks back. It turns out
> that the original poster was referring to a place in Austin TX. Unless a reader lives, or has
> lived there, he/she would have no clue about the place that the poster was talking about.
> Also, there are probably at least 100 willow creeks. This happens all over this NG: In
> questions,

> dead lizard switchback..."), etc. I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is referring to
> Idaho, Travis-Maine, JD-Colorado, etc. With others I am not sure.
>
> Something to this effect should go into the faq.
>
> just my 0.02EUR
>
> -Dave

I'm in WA, USA but what ever. My personal 2¢ is that location is irrelevant for RR's I mean who
really cares where exactly the ride was... I care more about the tale and the flavor of the report.
My personal 2¢ is also that location is irrelevant unless it's an RFI, then you really need to be
specific unless it's something really obvious. Now, if you are curious as to what parts of the world
people are posting from, that's a whole 'nother deal.

Penny

Dave Stocker wrote:

> Hey Bomba,
>
> This makes me recall some question about a "Willow Creek" a couple of weeks back. It turns out
> that the original poster was referring to a place in Austin TX. Unless a reader lives, or has
> lived there, he/she would have no clue about the place that the poster was talking about.
> Also, there are probably at least 100 willow creeks. This happens all over this NG: In

> the dead lizard switchback..."), etc. I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is
> referring to Idaho, Travis-Maine, JD-Colorado, etc. With others I am not sure.

Penny's actually from Washington :)

> Something to this effect should go into the faq.

I'll see what I can do...

"Penny S." <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:[email protected]...
> I'm in WA, USA but what ever. My personal 2¢ is that location is irrelevant for RR's I mean who
> really cares where exactly the ride was...
I
> care more about the tale and the flavor of the report.

Probably true.

>My personal 2¢ is also that location is irrelevant unless it's an RFI, then you really need
to
> be specific unless it's something really obvious. Now, if you are curious
as
> to what parts of the world people are posting from, that's a whole 'nother deal.
>
Well, actually I am. :)

-Dave

"Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "bomba" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:[email protected]...
> > acidburns wrote:
> > > Hi im looking for a club or a group of freeriders to ride with at the weekends . I live in
> > > Northants area and there is not much going on here
> so i
> > > would like to meet some people togo riding with. Thanks Scott
> >
> > This is an international group - perhaps you should specify that Northants is in the UK. You're
> > unlikely to find anyone here though - try http://www.southerndownhill.com
> >
>
> Hey Bomba,
>
> I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is referring to Idaho, JD- Colorado, etc.
<snip>

Penny is in Eastern Washington and probably does venture occasionally into Idaho.

With me, you never know what state I am riding in because I live so close to the Zion Curtain and
venture well beyond many times a year. Also, I stopped giving up most locations a while ago because
of the inordinate amount of lurkers online. These individuals seem to want to only glean free
information from any online forum they can and not

shitty nag of a horse they rode in on.

JD

[email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > "bomba" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > acidburns wrote:
> > > > Hi im looking for a club or a group of freeriders to ride with at the weekends . I live in
> > > > Northants area and there is not much going on here
> so i
> > > > would like to meet some people togo riding with. Thanks Scott
> > >
> > > This is an international group - perhaps you should specify that Northants is in the UK.
> > > You're unlikely to find anyone here though - try http://www.southerndownhill.com
> > >
> >
> > Hey Bomba,
> >
> > I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is referring to Idaho, JD- Colorado, etc.
> <snip>
>
> Penny is in Eastern Washington and probably does venture occasionally into Idaho.
>
> With me, you never know what state I am riding in because I live so close to the Zion Curtain and
> venture well beyond many times a year. Also, I stopped giving up most locations a while ago
> because of the inordinate amount of lurkers online. These individuals seem to want to only glean
> free information from any online forum they can and not

> shitty nag of a horse they rode in on.
>
> JD

What was that again? "and the whores they rode in on?"

Paladin thanks to SR

On 9 Jun 2003 06:52:49 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

>Also, I stopped giving up most locations a while ago because of the inordinate amount of
>lurkers online.

So why post at all? Just so we can see what kind of person you are? Why not just giving up period?
Seems your intestinal fortitude is lacking. You did after all "GIVE UP" giving out locations, right?

These individuals seem to want
>to only glean free information from any online forum they can and not put forth any effort to
>provide anything in return.

Like what?

>shitty nag of a horse they rode in on.
>
>JD

Elitist? Not you!

Dave (what a crock!)

On 9 Jun 2003 06:52:49 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

>"Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> "bomba" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > acidburns wrote:
>> > > Hi im looking for a club or a group of freeriders to ride with at the weekends . I live in
>> > > Northants area and there is not much going on here
>> so i
>> > > would like to meet some people togo riding with. Thanks Scott
>> >
>> > This is an international group - perhaps you should specify that Northants is in the UK. You're
>> > unlikely to find anyone here though - try http://www.southerndownhill.com
>> >
>>
>> Hey Bomba,
>>
>> I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is referring to Idaho, JD- Colorado, etc.
><snip>
>
>Penny is in Eastern Washington and probably does venture occasionally into Idaho.
>
>With me, you never know what state I am riding in because I live so close to the Zion Curtain and
>venture well beyond many times a year. Also, I stopped giving up most locations a while ago because
>of the inordinate amount of lurkers online. These individuals seem to want to only glean free
>information from any online forum they can and not

>shitty nag of a horse they rode in on.
>
>JD

Disregard my previous reply to this. I really don't want to know.

Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (JD) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > With me, you never know what state I am riding in because I live so close to the Zion Curtain
> > and venture well beyond many times a year. Also, I stopped giving up most locations a while ago
> > because of the inordinate amount of lurkers online. These individuals seem to want to only glean
> > free information from any online forum they can and not

> > shitty nag of a horse they rode in on.
> >
> > JD
>
>
> What was that again? "and the whores they rode in on?"
>
> Paladin thanks to SR

Thanks to the peeps that kept using the original line, and to the world for corrupting my mind.

Shaun aRe - I'd like to take his opportunity to thank my manager, my PA, my masseuse, my
nanny.......

[email protected] (Paladin) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > "bomba" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > > > acidburns wrote:
> > > > > Hi im looking for a club or a group of freeriders to ride with at the weekends . I live in
> > > > > Northants area and there is not much going on here
> so i
> > > > > would like to meet some people togo riding with. Thanks Scott
> > > >
> > > > This is an international group - perhaps you should specify that Northants is in the UK.
> > > > You're unlikely to find anyone here though - try http://www.southerndownhill.com
> > > >
> > >
> > > Hey Bomba,
> > >
> > > I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is referring to Idaho, JD- Colorado, etc.
> > <snip>
> >
> > Penny is in Eastern Washington and probably does venture occasionally into Idaho.
> >
> > With me, you never know what state I am riding in because I live so close to the Zion Curtain
> > and venture well beyond many times a year. Also, I stopped giving up most locations a while ago
> > because of the inordinate amount of lurkers online. These individuals seem to want to only glean
> > free information from any online forum they can and not

> > shitty nag of a horse they rode in on.
> >
> > JD
>
>
> What was that again? "and the whores they rode in on?"
>
> Paladin thanks to SR

For certain folks around here, I would suggest: "and the little boys they rode in on."

R

Status
Not open for further replies.