looking

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Acidburns, Jun 8, 2003.

  1. Acidburns

    Acidburns Guest

    Hi im looking for a club or a group of freeriders to ride with at the weekends . I live in Northants
    area and there is not much going on here so i would like to meet some people togo riding with.
    Thanks Scott

    Tags:

  2. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    acidburns wrote:
    > Hi im looking for a club or a group of freeriders to ride with at the weekends . I live in
    > Northants area and there is not much going on here so i would like to meet some people togo riding
    > with. Thanks Scott

    This is an international group - perhaps you should specify that Northants is in the UK. You're
    unlikely to find anyone here though - try http://www.southerndownhill.com

  3. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    "bomba" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...
    > acidburns wrote:
    > > Hi im looking for a club or a group of freeriders to ride with at the weekends . I live in
    > > Northants area and there is not much going on here
    so i
    > > would like to meet some people togo riding with. Thanks Scott
    >
    > This is an international group - perhaps you should specify that Northants is in the UK. You're
    > unlikely to find anyone here though - try http://www.southerndownhill.com

    Hey Bomba,

    This makes me recall some question about a "Willow Creek" a couple of weeks back. It turns out
    that the original poster was referring to a place in Austin TX. Unless a reader lives, or has
    lived there, he/she would have no clue about the place that the poster was talking about. Also,
    there are probably at least 100 willow creeks. This happens all over this NG: In

    the dead lizard switchback..."), etc. I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is referring
    to Idaho, Travis-Maine, JD-Colorado, etc. With others I am not sure.

    Something to this effect should go into the faq.

    just my 0.02EUR

    -Dave

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Dave Stocker thoughtfully penned:
    > This makes me recall some question about a "Willow Creek" a couple of weeks back. It turns out
    > that the original poster was referring to a place in Austin TX. Unless a reader lives, or has
    > lived there, he/she would have no clue about the place that the poster was talking about.
    > Also, there are probably at least 100 willow creeks. This happens all over this NG: In
    > questions,

    > dead lizard switchback..."), etc. I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is referring to
    > Idaho, Travis-Maine, JD-Colorado, etc. With others I am not sure.
    >
    > Something to this effect should go into the faq.
    >
    > just my 0.02EUR
    >
    > -Dave

    I'm in WA, USA but what ever. My personal 2¢ is that location is irrelevant for RR's I mean who
    really cares where exactly the ride was... I care more about the tale and the flavor of the report.
    My personal 2¢ is also that location is irrelevant unless it's an RFI, then you really need to be
    specific unless it's something really obvious. Now, if you are curious as to what parts of the world
    people are posting from, that's a whole 'nother deal.

    Penny

  5. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Dave Stocker wrote:

    > Hey Bomba,
    >
    > This makes me recall some question about a "Willow Creek" a couple of weeks back. It turns out
    > that the original poster was referring to a place in Austin TX. Unless a reader lives, or has
    > lived there, he/she would have no clue about the place that the poster was talking about.
    > Also, there are probably at least 100 willow creeks. This happens all over this NG: In

    > the dead lizard switchback..."), etc. I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is
    > referring to Idaho, Travis-Maine, JD-Colorado, etc. With others I am not sure.

    Penny's actually from Washington :)

    > Something to this effect should go into the faq.

    I'll see what I can do...

  6. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm in WA, USA but what ever. My personal 2¢ is that location is irrelevant for RR's I mean who
    > really cares where exactly the ride was...
    > care more about the tale and the flavor of the report.

    Probably true.

    >My personal 2¢ is also that location is irrelevant unless it's an RFI, then you really need
    > be specific unless it's something really obvious. Now, if you are curious
    as
    > to what parts of the world people are posting from, that's a whole 'nother deal.

    Well, actually I am. :)

    -Dave

  7. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "bomba" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > acidburns wrote:
    > > > Hi im looking for a club or a group of freeriders to ride with at the weekends . I live in
    > > > Northants area and there is not much going on here
    > so i
    > > > would like to meet some people togo riding with. Thanks Scott
    > >
    > > This is an international group - perhaps you should specify that Northants is in the UK. You're
    > > unlikely to find anyone here though - try http://www.southerndownhill.com
    > >

    > Hey Bomba,
    >
    > I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is referring to Idaho, JD- Colorado, etc.
    <snip>

    Penny is in Eastern Washington and probably does venture occasionally into Idaho.

    With me, you never know what state I am riding in because I live so close to the Zion Curtain and
    venture well beyond many times a year. Also, I stopped giving up most locations a while ago because
    of the inordinate amount of lurkers online. These individuals seem to want to only glean free
    information from any online forum they can and not

    shitty nag of a horse they rode in on.

    JD

  8. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    > "Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "bomba" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > so i
    > > >
    > > > This is an international group - perhaps you should specify that Northants is in the UK.
    > > > You're unlikely to find anyone here though - try http://www.southerndownhill.com
    > > >

    > > Hey Bomba,
    > >
    > > I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is referring to Idaho, JD- Colorado, etc.
    > <snip>
    >
    > Penny is in Eastern Washington and probably does venture occasionally into Idaho.
    >
    > With me, you never know what state I am riding in because I live so close to the Zion Curtain and
    > venture well beyond many times a year. Also, I stopped giving up most locations a while ago
    > because of the inordinate amount of lurkers online. These individuals seem to want to only glean
    > free information from any online forum they can and not

    > shitty nag of a horse they rode in on.
    >
    > JD

    What was that again? "and the whores they rode in on?"

    Paladin thanks to SR

  9. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On 9 Jun 2003 06:52:49 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >Also, I stopped giving up most locations a while ago because of the inordinate amount of
    >lurkers online.

    So why post at all? Just so we can see what kind of person you are? Why not just giving up period?
    Seems your intestinal fortitude is lacking. You did after all "GIVE UP" giving out locations, right?

    These individuals seem to want
    >to only glean free information from any online forum they can and not put forth any effort to
    >provide anything in return.

    Like what?

    >shitty nag of a horse they rode in on.
    >
    >JD

    Elitist? Not you!

    Dave (what a crock!)

  10. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On 9 Jun 2003 06:52:49 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    >"Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> "bomba" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> so i
    >> >
    >> > This is an international group - perhaps you should specify that Northants is in the UK. You're
    >> > unlikely to find anyone here though - try http://www.southerndownhill.com
    >> >

    >> Hey Bomba,
    >>
    >> I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is referring to Idaho, JD- Colorado, etc.
    ><snip>
    >
    >Penny is in Eastern Washington and probably does venture occasionally into Idaho.
    >
    >With me, you never know what state I am riding in because I live so close to the Zion Curtain and
    >venture well beyond many times a year. Also, I stopped giving up most locations a while ago because
    >of the inordinate amount of lurkers online. These individuals seem to want to only glean free
    >information from any online forum they can and not

    >shitty nag of a horse they rode in on.
    >
    >JD

    Disregard my previous reply to this. I really don't want to know.

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > > With me, you never know what state I am riding in because I live so close to the Zion Curtain
    > > and venture well beyond many times a year. Also, I stopped giving up most locations a while ago
    > > because of the inordinate amount of lurkers online. These individuals seem to want to only glean
    > > free information from any online forum they can and not

    > > shitty nag of a horse they rode in on.
    > >
    > > JD
    >

    > What was that again? "and the whores they rode in on?"
    >
    > Paladin thanks to SR

    Thanks to the peeps that kept using the original line, and to the world for corrupting my mind.

    Shaun aRe - I'd like to take his opportunity to thank my manager, my PA, my masseuse, my
    nanny.......

  12. Reco Diver

    Reco Diver Guest

    [email protected] (Paladin) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (JD) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > "bomba" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > so i

    > > > Hey Bomba,
    > > >
    > > > I have an Idea that a local reference from Penny is referring to Idaho, JD- Colorado, etc.
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > Penny is in Eastern Washington and probably does venture occasionally into Idaho.
    > >
    > > With me, you never know what state I am riding in because I live so close to the Zion Curtain
    > > and venture well beyond many times a year. Also, I stopped giving up most locations a while ago
    > > because of the inordinate amount of lurkers online. These individuals seem to want to only glean
    > > free information from any online forum they can and not

    > > shitty nag of a horse they rode in on.
    > >
    > > JD
    >

    > What was that again? "and the whores they rode in on?"
    >
    > Paladin thanks to SR

    For certain folks around here, I would suggest: "and the little boys they rode in on."