Loose Spoke

Frank W. Marrs III

Guest
I have a pair of kind-of-junk wheels that I train on. Whenever I ride,
one spoke (the same one) rattles loose. I noticed that there was no
spoke prep on the threads, so I put some on there; didn't solve the
problem. Any ideas? I'm afraid to put loctite on because it might
leave the wheel un-truable.

Frank

"Frank W. Marrs III" wrote:
> I have a pair of kind-of-junk wheels that I train on. Whenever I ride,
> one spoke (the same one) rattles loose. I noticed that there was no
> spoke prep on the threads, so I put some on there; didn't solve the
> problem. Any ideas? I'm afraid to put loctite on because it might
> leave the wheel un-truable.

Sounds like you have a flat spot on the rim at that spot.

Art Harris

Frank W. Marrs III said:
I have a pair of kind-of-junk wheels that I train on. Whenever I ride,
one spoke (the same one) rattles loose. I noticed that there was no
spoke prep on the threads, so I put some on there; didn't solve the
problem. Any ideas? I'm afraid to put loctite on because it might
leave the wheel un-truable.

Frank
How is the spoke tension balance?
How are the threads on that spoke and nipple?