Loose Spokes, Gah

electrolytics

Mar 17, 2010
Hi everyone,

I have noticed a rather annoying and frustrating problem with some new Alexrims that came with my new Specialized Allez road bike.

Every time I go out for a ride about 3 or 4 spokes seem to want to come loose making for a really annoying *choof* sound. Once I get home I tighten them using a spoke tightening tool but they seem to still come loose.

This is a really frustrating and annoying problem. If anyone could help out I would be very grateful.

Big thanks

Stu :D

There is no solution except to rebuild the wheel from scratch.

electrolytics said:
Hi everyone,

I have noticed a rather annoying and frustrating problem with some new Alexrims that came with my new Specialized Allez road bike.

Every time I go out for a ride about 3 or 4 spokes seem to want to come loose making for a really annoying *choof* sound. Once I get home I tighten them using a spoke tightening tool but they seem to still come loose.

This is a really frustrating and annoying problem. If anyone could help out I would be very grateful.

Big thanks

Stu :D

'NEW" rims/wheels on a 'NEW' bicycle. Go back to where you bought it. The wheels have been poorly built. Perhaps a tension off, re-tension(done by a genuine wheelbuilder, not some bike builder) and if it's still a problem, new wheels.