loose Ultegra 10speed cassette on Mavic Ksyrium ES

clonsingle

May 30, 2005
I just recently got a new set of Ksyrium ES's but some of the sprockets on the ultegra 10speed cassette have become loose and rattle quite a bit when I'm riding. The cassette was installed by the bike shop and didn’t rattle to begin with.

I have a cassette removal tool and I took the cassette apart, it seems that there is some play between the sprockets and the hub - how can I remove this play?, I cant remove it by tightening the outer nut

I would prefer to be able to do this myself rather than go back to the shop

clonsingle said:
I just recently got a new set of Ksyrium ES's but some of the sprockets on the ultegra 10speed cassette have become loose and rattle quite a bit when I'm riding. The cassette was installed by the bike shop and didn’t rattle to begin with.

I have a cassette removal tool and I took the cassette apart, it seems that there is some play between the sprockets and the hub - how can I remove this play?, I cant remove it by tightening the outer nut

I would prefer to be able to do this myself rather than go back to the shop
Do you have the 1mm spacer between the freehub and the cassette? 10s casettes are thinner than 8/9s, and need the spacer to make it a snug fit.

HTH,

n

nerdag said:
Do you have the 1mm spacer between the freehub and the cassette? 10s casettes are thinner than 8/9s, and need the spacer to make it a snug fit.

HTH,

n
I have the spacer in (between the freehub and the largest sprocket) but the sprockets dont seem to be a snug fix

You may actually need two x 1mm spacers with a Mavic wheel. I know I do with my Cosmos wheel with an Ultegra cassette.

mavic freehubs are wider than the shimano 9sp standard. So you need a mavic spacer, and then the shimano 9-10sp 1mm spacer.