Los Angeles Times Article "Today, Helmets for All"

"Joe Riel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] writes:
>
> > While the definition is elastic, this is a typical push bike:
> > http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/11316421/Kids_Push_Bike.html
> >
> > No pedals, toddler sits on it and pushes himself around, gets the idea
> > of a bicycle.

> The more common usage, I believe, is that a push-bike is a bicycle.
> In contrast to a motor-bike.

A motor-bike has a motor, a pedal-bike has pedals, so why is a pedal-bike
called a push-bike?

Greg

"G.T." <[email protected]> writes:

> A motor-bike has a motor, a pedal-bike has pedals, so why is a pedal-bike
> called a push-bike?

Motor-bikes have pedals.

--
Joe Riel

> > they

> > walking

> >>What's a push-bike?
> >>

> > A cycle powered by human feet, rather than an infernal engine.
> >

> So you run along side and push the handlebars? That doesn't sound very

fun.

That is called a scooter, except when after pushing you jump in and ride
with your knees on the bed, in which case it is called a wagon.