Losing Weight

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Nce, Feb 11, 2004.

  1. Nce

    Nce Guest

    Does any one have a hard time losing weight or have a hard time fighting off the cravings? Who is
    concerned about their weight and health like I am?

    I am 34 years old now, and in the past 10 years I have gone from 190 pounds to 260 pounds. That
    scared the crap out of me. I was a heavy smoker and enjoyed eating fast food a lot. Now, I have quit
    smoking for a year and a half and also lost 30 pounds in the past 3 months.

    I want to know if anyone out there wants to do the same. I wish to share my advice with anyone who
    wants to have a healthier lifestyle.

    Tags:

  2. Gman99

    Gman99 Guest

  3. NCE wrote:

    > Does any one have a hard time losing weight or have a hard time fighting off the cravings? Who is
    > concerned about their weight and health like I am?

    I've never heard of anyone being the least bit concerned about their weight, or having any
    discomfort from cravings. You are unique in these characteristics.

    --
    -Wayne

  4. Leo

    Leo Guest

    "NCE" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does any one have a hard time losing weight or have a hard time fighting off the cravings? Who is
    > concerned about their weight and health like I am?
    >
    > I am 34 years old now, and in the past 10 years I have gone from 190 pounds to 260 pounds. That
    > scared the crap out of me. I was a heavy smoker and enjoyed eating fast food a lot. Now, I have
    > quit smoking for a year and a half and also lost 30 pounds in the past 3 months.
    >
    > I want to know if anyone out there wants to do the same. I wish to share my advice with anyone who
    > wants to have a healthier lifestyle.

    From what you have said, who would want your help.. you can't even help yourself..

    leo

  5. Top Sirloin

    Top Sirloin Guest

    On 11 Feb 2004 13:57:21 GMT, "Wayne S. Hill" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >NCE wrote:
    >
    >> Does any one have a hard time losing weight or have a hard time fighting off the cravings? Who is
    >> concerned about their weight and health like I am?
    >
    >I've never heard of anyone being the least bit concerned about their weight, or having any
    >discomfort from cravings. You are unique in these characteristics.

    Wow, someone send Wayne more coffee!

    --
    Scott Johnson "Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are why they only open the
    top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

  6. Keith Hobman

    Keith Hobman Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] wrote:

    > On 11 Feb 2004 13:57:21 GMT, "Wayne S. Hill" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >NCE wrote:
    > >
    > >> Does any one have a hard time losing weight or have a hard time fighting off the cravings? Who
    > >> is concerned about their weight and health like I am?
    > >
    > >I've never heard of anyone being the least bit concerned about their weight, or having any
    > >discomfort from cravings. You are unique in these characteristics.
    >
    > Wow, someone send Wayne more coffee!

    Scott's sarcasmometer isn't working too well.

    --
    Keith Hobman

    --- email address above is a non-monitored spam sink.

  7. In article <[email protected]>, NCE wrote:
    > Does any one have a hard time losing weight or have a hard time fighting off the cravings? Who is
    > concerned about their weight and health like I am?
    >
    > I am 34 years old now, and in the past 10 years I have gone from 190 pounds to 260 pounds. That
    > scared the crap out of me. I was a heavy smoker and enjoyed eating fast food a lot. Now, I have
    > quit smoking for a year and a half and also lost 30 pounds in the past 3 months.
    >
    > I want to know if anyone out there wants to do the same. I wish to share my advice with anyone who
    > wants to have a healthier lifestyle.

    How about asking alt.support.diet?

    Anyway, a typical cause of "hard times losing weight" is that you are not dieting intelligently.
    It's hard to say more, not knowing how you diet, how you exercise etc. There are some tricks to
    making weight loss easier. One is to eat a lot of low calorie vegetables (think tomatoes, spinach,
    whatever). Another is to lower carb consumption and flour/potatoes specifically. Eating lots of
    fiber (think hot oat bran cereal, very tasty) makes you satiated better and improves shitting. One
    more good one is to never eat junk food and sugar. Also, if you walk a lot, that seems to help
    control appetite also.

    Eating too much is another cause why people cannot lose weight.

  8. Top Sirloin

    Top Sirloin Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:09:33 -0600, [email protected] (Keith Hobman) wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:

    >> >I've never heard of anyone being the least bit concerned about their weight, or having any
    >> >discomfort from cravings. You are unique in these characteristics.
    >>
    >> Wow, someone send Wayne more coffee!
    >
    >Scott's sarcasmometer isn't working too well.

    It went off the charts with the two responses Wayne posted in a row - they were super sarcastic and
    almost induced a coffee spew on my part.

    --
    Scott Johnson "Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are why they only open the
    top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

  9. Lee Michaels

    Lee Michaels Guest

    news:[email protected]...
    wrote:

    > >> Wow, someone send Wayne more coffee!
    > >
    > >Scott's sarcasmometer isn't working too well.
    >
    > It went off the charts with the two responses Wayne posted in a row - they
    were
    > super sarcastic and almost induced a coffee spew on my part.

    Maybe you should invest in the new super heavy duty mega sarcasm WAYNE-O-METER!!!

  10. Proton Soup

    Proton Soup Guest

    On 11 Feb 2004 05:32:11 -0800, [email protected] (NCE) wrote:

    >Does any one have a hard time losing weight or have a hard time fighting off the cravings? Who is
    >concerned about their weight and health like I am?
    >
    >I am 34 years old now, and in the past 10 years I have gone from 190 pounds to 260 pounds. That
    >scared the crap out of me. I was a heavy smoker and enjoyed eating fast food a lot. Now, I have
    >quit smoking for a year and a half and also lost 30 pounds in the past 3 months.
    >
    >I want to know if anyone out there wants to do the same. I wish to share my advice with anyone who
    >wants to have a healthier lifestyle.

    As far as I'm concerned, anyone with the word "marketing" in their

    Proton Soup

  11. Robert Schuh

    Robert Schuh Guest

    NCE wrote:

    > Does any one have a hard time losing weight or have a hard time fighting off the cravings? Who is
    > concerned about their weight and health like I am?
    >
    > I am 34 years old now, and in the past 10 years I have gone from 190 pounds to 260 pounds. That
    > scared the crap out of me. I was a heavy smoker and enjoyed eating fast food a lot. Now, I have
    > quit smoking for a year and a half and also lost 30 pounds in the past 3 months.
    >
    > I want to know if anyone out there wants to do the same. I wish to share my advice with anyone who
    > wants to have a healthier lifestyle.

    --
    Robert Schuh
    - Nietzsche
    "The meek shall inherit nothing" - Zappa

  12. Lee Michaels wrote:

    > "Top Sirloin" <[email protected]> wrote...
    >> (Keith Hobman) wrote:

    >> >Scott's sarcasmometer isn't working too well.
    >>
    >> It went off the charts with the two responses Wayne posted in a row - they were super sarcastic
    >> and almost induced a coffee spew on my part.
    >>
    > Maybe you should invest in the new super heavy duty mega sarcasm WAYNE-O-METER!!!

    Oh, you commercial shill, you.

    --
    -Wayne what's my cut?

  13. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (NCE) wrote:

    > Does any one have a hard time losing weight or have a hard time fighting off the cravings?

    Err, you and a hundred million or so other Americans?

    > Who is concerned about their weight and health like I am?
    >
    > I am 34 years old now, and in the past 10 years I have gone from 190 pounds to 260 pounds. That
    > scared the crap out of me. I was a heavy smoker and enjoyed eating fast food a lot. Now, I have
    > quit smoking for a year and a half and also lost 30 pounds in the past 3 months.
    >
    > I want to know if anyone out there wants to do the same. I wish to share my advice with anyone who
    > wants to have a healthier lifestyle.

    --
    Will Brink

    http://www.brinkzone.com/ http://musclebuildingnutrition.com/ http://www.aboutsupplements.com/

  14. This Schuh la character is a maxi padder

    "Robert Schuh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > NCE wrote:
    >
    > > Does any one have a hard time losing weight or have a hard time fighting off the cravings? Who
    > > is concerned about their weight and health like I am?
    > >
    > > I am 34 years old now, and in the past 10 years I have gone from 190 pounds to 260 pounds. That
    > > scared the crap out of me. I was a heavy smoker and enjoyed eating fast food a lot. Now, I have
    > > quit smoking for a year and a half and also lost 30 pounds in the past 3 months.
    > >
    > > I want to know if anyone out there wants to do the same. I wish to share my advice with anyone
    > > who wants to have a healthier lifestyle.
    >

    > --
    > Robert Schuh "Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and intimidates the neighbour
    > is henceforth called evil; and the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality, the
    > mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
    > - Nietzsche "The meek shall inherit nothing" - Zappa

  15. Bc

    Bc Guest

    Proton Soup <> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > As far as I'm concerned, anyone with the word "marketing" in their

    > Proton Soup

    Nice product placement there. Do you work for Coca-Cola?

  16. Proton Soup

    Proton Soup Guest

    On 12 Feb 2004 15:25:00 -0800, [email protected] (bc)
    wrote:

    >Proton Soup <> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >> As far as I'm concerned, anyone with the word "marketing" in their

    >> Proton Soup
    >
    >Nice product placement there. Do you work for Coca-Cola?

    We don't say soda or pop in the South.

    But I suppose the OP could shove an RC Coler up their Moonpie if that suits your fancy.

    Proton Soup