loss of speech

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Effiford, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Effiford

    Effiford Guest

    has anyone heard of someone losing their speech temporarily due to diabetes type 2?? Please e-mail
    to me privately as well as to the group because i dont know if i am suscribed to the group properly
    thanks [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Karen.G

    Karen.G Guest

    I don't know about type 2 but with type 1 I had a bad insulin overdose one time and temporarily lost
    my memory and speech. Many people do not know that a low blood sugar affects the brain.

    karen

    [email protected] (effiford) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > has anyone heard of someone losing their speech temporarily due to diabetes type 2?? Please e-mail
    > to me privately as well as to the group because i dont know if i am suscribed to the group
    > properly thanks [email protected]

  3. Sleepyman

    Sleepyman Guest

    On 31 Jan 2004 15:56:27 -0800, [email protected] (effiford) wrote:

    >has anyone heard of someone losing their speech temporarily due to diabetes type 2?? Please e-mail
    >to me privately as well as to the group because i dont know if i am suscribed to the group properly
    >thanks [email protected]

    I had that symptom once early into my Dx. I was taken to the ER. I had missed my meds, and was
    severely hypoglycemic and dehydrated. A shot of insulin, and a saline IV, I was good as new in about
    6-8 hours N.B. This was just me, I have no idea if it is applicable to you!

    Sleepy

    -----------------
    Eskimo/Inuit up!
    T2- 3/14/01

  4. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "karen.g" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I don't know about type 2 but with type 1 I had a bad insulin overdose one time and temporarily
    > lost my memory and speech. Many people do not know that a low blood sugar affects the brain.

    I suspect most diabetics do though.

    Beav