loss of speech

Effiford

Guest
has anyone heard of someone losing their speech temporarily due to diabetes type 2?? Please e-mail
to me privately as well as to the group because i dont know if i am suscribed to the group properly
thanks [email protected]

I don't know about type 2 but with type 1 I had a bad insulin overdose one time and temporarily lost
my memory and speech. Many people do not know that a low blood sugar affects the brain.

karen

news:<[email protected]>...

On 31 Jan 2004 15:56:27 -0800, [email protected] (effiford) wrote:

>has anyone heard of someone losing their speech temporarily due to diabetes type 2?? Please e-mail
>to me privately as well as to the group because i dont know if i am suscribed to the group properly
>thanks [email protected]

I had that symptom once early into my Dx. I was taken to the ER. I had missed my meds, and was
severely hypoglycemic and dehydrated. A shot of insulin, and a saline IV, I was good as new in about
6-8 hours N.B. This was just me, I have no idea if it is applicable to you!

Sleepy

Eskimo/Inuit up!
T2- 3/14/01

"karen.g" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I don't know about type 2 but with type 1 I had a bad insulin overdose one time and temporarily
> lost my memory and speech. Many people do not know that a low blood sugar affects the brain.

I suspect most diabetics do though.

Beav