Lost: Bianchi 928 Carbon SL - If found call John-lee Augustyn at 052-BAD-LUCK

Travis44

Jul 28, 2007
As many of you may remember, and I'm not sure how you could forget, Barloworld rookie John-Lee Augustyn's spectactular attack up la Bonnette, soon followed by an equally, if not more, spectacular crash down la Bonnette. It was scary to watch him go over the edge like that, and I'm thankful he's okay, however... In the adrenaline filled stupor of crashing out on a descent, does anyone know where his bike ended up? I immediately thought that some drunk fans would tumble down the mountainside of the tallest peak in Europe to retrieve the ultimate souvenier. Anybody know?

Ya know as bad as it sucks for him, I kinda think it's karma's way of dealing with sprinting the last 500 m after sitting in the entire climb while Dessel and Popovych did all the work.....

Geoff Vadar speculated that those Bianchis are so ugly they are attempting to commit suicide.

-team car stops at the side of road
-mechanic jumps out with 200 feet of rope tied around waist, other end tied to car
-rappels down to bike
-slings it over shoulder, Sven Nijs-style
-climbs back up to the road using rope

classic1 said:
Geoff Vadar speculated that those Bianchis are so ugly they are attempting to commit suicide.
I heard they had a suicide pact with Pinarello, but I suspect the Princes' are so ****ed up on LSD they've forgotten.