Lots of scratches

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Technician, Apr 30, 2003.

  1. Technician

    Technician Guest

    I got most of the grease and dirt off of the frame and noticed alot of scratches. Now I know why you
    wanted to get rid of it so badly. Before I can use it, it'll need a paint job. How about splitting
    the cost with me? It shouldn't cost much. Maybe $50 dollars for your part. I'll get some estimates
    and let you know.

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

  2. Technician wrote:
    > I got most of the grease and dirt off of the frame and noticed alot of scratches. Now I know why
    > you wanted to get rid of it so badly. Before I can use it, it'll need a paint job. How about
    > splitting the cost with me? It shouldn't cost much. Maybe $50 dollars for your part. I'll get some
    > estimates and let you know.
    >
    > ~Travis
    > --
    > travis57 at megalink dot net
    >
    > travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer
    > (current project: Automotive exhaust flame-thrower)

    Um, dude? you should see my bike, its covered in scratches and paint chips. I hope you're joking -
    the guy just gave you a free frame, and gary sent you free parts - it doesn't matter what the bike
    looks like!!!!!!

    If you're so worried about it, go down to the nearest hobby shop and pick up som emodel paint.

    Jon Bond it's not about the bike, its about the ride...

  3. Technician

    Technician Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, travis57 @nospam.megalink.net says...
    > I got most of the grease and dirt off of the frame and noticed alot of scratches. Now I know why
    > you wanted to get rid of it so badly. Before I can use it, it'll need a paint job. How about
    > splitting the cost with me? It shouldn't cost much. Maybe $50 dollars for your part. I'll get some
    > estimates and let you know.
    >
    > ~Travis
    > --
    > travis57 at megalink dot net
    >
    > travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer
    > (current project: Automotive exhaust flame-thrower)

    Pardon???

    notice the headers...

    this.. X-Mailer: Mozilla 4.77 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.2.16 i586)

    Mine... no X-Mailer X-Newsreader: MicroPlanet Gravity v2.30 User-Agent: Linux Mandrake 7.2
    (linux 2.2.17)

    I don't have kernel version 2.2.16, i have 2.2.17.

    Obviously a clueless troll.

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

  4. Technician

    Technician Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

    > Technician wrote:
    > > I got most of the grease and dirt off of the frame and noticed alot of scratches. Now I know why
    > > you wanted to get rid of it so badly. Before I can use it, it'll need a paint job. How about
    > > splitting the cost with me? It shouldn't cost much. Maybe $50 dollars for your part. I'll get
    > > some estimates and let you know.
    > >
    > > ~Travis
    > > --
    > > travis57 at megalink dot net
    > >
    > > travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer
    > > (current project: Automotive exhaust flame-thrower)
    > >

    > Um, dude? you should see my bike, its covered in scratches and paint chips. I hope you're joking -
    > the guy just gave you a free frame, and gary sent you free parts - it doesn't matter what the bike
    > looks like!!!!!!
    >
    > If you're so worried about it, go down to the nearest hobby shop and pick up som emodel paint.
    >
    > Jon Bond it's not about the bike, its about the ride...

    Jon, check the headers, it wasn't me.

    I love the bike.

    ~Travis
    --

  5. Technician wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    >
    >>Technician wrote:
    >>
    >>>I got most of the grease and dirt off of the frame and noticed alot of scratches. Now I know why
    >>>you wanted to get rid of it so badly. Before I can use it, it'll need a paint job. How about
    >>>splitting the cost with me? It shouldn't cost much. Maybe $50 dollars for your part. I'll get
    >>>some estimates and let you know.
    >>>
    >>>~Travis
    >>>--
    >>>travis57 at megalink dot net
    >>>
    >>>travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer
    >>>(current project: Automotive exhaust flame-thrower)
    >>>

    >>Um, dude? you should see my bike, its covered in scratches and paint chips. I hope you're joking -
    >>the guy just gave you a free frame, and gary sent you free parts - it doesn't matter what the bike
    >>looks like!!!!!!
    >>
    >>If you're so worried about it, go down to the nearest hobby shop and pick up som emodel paint.
    >>
    >>Jon Bond it's not about the bike, its about the ride...
    >>

    > Jon, check the headers, it wasn't me.
    >
    > I love the bike.
    >
    > ~Travis

    Good call. Sorry 'bout that, brain is fried from studying all day. Enjoy!

    Jon Bond

  6. John G

    John G Guest

    Technician wrote:
    > I got most of the grease and dirt off of the frame and noticed alot of scratches.

    That comes from RIDING

    > Now I know why you wanted to get rid of it so badly.

    No, my wife wanted it out of the basement.

    > Before I can use it, it'll need a paint job.

    RIIiiiight!

    > How about splitting the cost with me?

    no.

    > It shouldn't cost much. Maybe $50 dollars for your part. I'll get some estimates and let you know.

    I'll be holding my breath.

  7. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Technician wrote:
    > > I got most of the grease and dirt off of the frame and noticed alot of scratches.
    >
    > That comes from RIDING
    >

    > > Now I know why you wanted to get rid of it so badly.
    >
    > No, my wife wanted it out of the basement.
    >
    > > Before I can use it, it'll need a paint job.
    >
    > RIIiiiight!
    >

    > > How about splitting the cost with me?
    >
    > no.
    >

    > > It shouldn't cost much. Maybe $50 dollars for your part. I'll get some estimates and let
    > > you know.
    >
    > I'll be holding my breath.

    See what i wrote to Jon Bond.

    I love the bike.

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

  8. Technician

    Technician Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, travis57 @nospam.megalink.net says...

    > > Technician wrote:
    > > > I got most of the grease and dirt off of the frame and noticed alot of scratches.
    > >
    > > That comes from RIDING
    > >

    > > > Now I know why you wanted to get rid of it so badly.
    > >
    > > No, my wife wanted it out of the basement.
    > >
    > > > Before I can use it, it'll need a paint job.
    > >
    > > RIIiiiight!
    > >

    > > > How about splitting the cost with me?
    > >
    > > no.
    > >

    > > > It shouldn't cost much. Maybe $50 dollars for your part. I'll get some estimates and let you
    > > > know.
    > >
    > > I'll be holding my breath.
    > >

    > See what i wrote to Jon Bond.
    >
    > I love the bike.
    >
    > ~Travis

    I just realized too, the time is way off. i didn't even get the frame until about 4:15pm (the header
    time translates to 12:31PM EST). Even a clueless troll could have figured that out (must have been
    bob then huh).

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

  9. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > > Jon, check the headers, it wasn't me.
    > >
    > > I love the bike.
    > >
    > > ~Travis
    >
    > Good call. Sorry 'bout that, brain is fried from studying all day. Enjoy!
    >
    > Jon Bond

    Not a problem, most people don't check headers anyway so it really was an easy mistake.

    My guess is it was just bob trying for attention. If he is that desperate for attention, perhaps
    he/she/it should be browsing the chatrooms.

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    > >
    > > Technician wrote:
    > > > I got most of the grease and dirt off of the frame and noticed alot of scratches. Now I know
    > > > why you wanted to get rid of it so badly.
    Before
    > > > I can use it, it'll need a paint job. How about splitting the cost
    with
    > > > me? It shouldn't cost much. Maybe $50 dollars for your part. I'll
    get
    > > > some estimates and let you know.
    > > >
    > > > ~Travis
    > > > --
    > > > travis57 at megalink dot net
    > > >
    > > > travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer
    > > > (current project: Automotive exhaust flame-thrower)
    > > >

    > > Um, dude? you should see my bike, its covered in scratches and paint chips. I hope you're joking
    > > - the guy just gave you a free frame, and gary sent you free parts - it doesn't matter what the
    > > bike looks
    like!!!!!!

    > > If you're so worried about it, go down to the nearest hobby shop and pick up som emodel paint.
    > >
    > > Jon Bond it's not about the bike, its about the ride...
    > >

    > Jon, check the headers, it wasn't me.
    >
    > I love the bike.

    I knew it wasn't you without checking - it'll be that petty worthless little rogers penis
    crud-pile again.

    Shaun aRe