Louis Garneau CFS-300's & Fit

NeptuneBeach

Nov 9, 2011
Bought these shoes and the sizing seems strange. I wear a 10.5 but inadvertantly got a 45 or 11.5 due the the seller's incorrect size chart -- a 10.5 in a LG is a 44. Despite this, the shoes are wide but don't seem too long. The big problem is that the holes for the cleats are set so far to the rear that even when I push the cleats as far forward as I can, they still are not centered correctly under the balls of my feet or the pedal spindles. In other words, the cleats are too far towards the heel & can't be positioned further forward. And, I assume, that if I got a size 44, the cleats/holes would be even more towards the rear.

There are not many reviews or postings on these shoes and size. I would apppreciate any input from anyone. Tks.

I have a pair of LG Mount Royale shoes that run on the large side. I find the toe box to be quite large and therefore I have relegated these shoes to my cold weather gear. I am a 10.5 and the shoes are 44.5 no problem with the cleat location on my end. The .5 shoes size may make a bit of a difference in the cleat location but I would not think as extreme as you are describing.

I am using the three hole look configuration. My shoes have both mounting for look and SPD. Which are you using?