Love at first sight.

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Tamyka Bell, Sep 21, 2005.

  1. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    I am in love. I met her this morning. She is a silvery full-carbon
    Bianchi Luna (maybe L'una). Paul (mechanic) insisted upon bringing her
    outside into the sunlight and then she shimmered with all the colours of
    the rainbow. I must have her.

    Tam

    Tags:

  2. Marty

    Marty Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > I am in love. I met her this morning. She is a silvery full-carbon
    > Bianchi Luna (maybe L'una). Paul (mechanic) insisted upon bringing her
    > outside into the sunlight and then she shimmered with all the colours of
    > the rainbow. I must have her.
    >
    > Tam

    You have to watch those Italian ones. They look all sporty when they're
    young but once they've got you they turn into overweight tourers with
    big panniers.

    Marty

  3. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > I am in love. I met her this morning. She is a silvery full-carbon
    > Bianchi Luna (maybe L'una). Paul (mechanic) insisted upon bringing her
    > outside into the sunlight and then she shimmered with all the colours of
    > the rainbow. I must have her.

    did you testride?

  4. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Marty wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > > I am in love. I met her this morning. She is a silvery full-carbon
    > > Bianchi Luna (maybe L'una). Paul (mechanic) insisted upon bringing her
    > > outside into the sunlight and then she shimmered with all the colours of
    > > the rainbow. I must have her.
    > >
    > > Tam

    > You have to watch those Italian ones. They look all sporty when they're
    > young but once they've got you they turn into overweight tourers with
    > big panniers.
    >
    > Marty

    Hehehehe I'm thinking of overweight Italian tourists with big racks now!
    That's a real turn-off!

    Tam

  5. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Bleve wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > > I am in love. I met her this morning. She is a silvery full-carbon
    > > Bianchi Luna (maybe L'una). Paul (mechanic) insisted upon bringing her
    > > outside into the sunlight and then she shimmered with all the colours of
    > > the rainbow. I must have her.

    > did you testride?

    No. Don't have enough money to make her mine, so I must not take the
    relationship too far at this stage... It will make it all the more
    painful that I cannot have her... yet

    Tam

  6. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Bleve wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > > I am in love. I met her this morning. She is a silvery full-carbon
    > > Bianchi Luna (maybe L'una). Paul (mechanic) insisted upon bringing her
    > > outside into the sunlight and then she shimmered with all the colours of
    > > the rainbow. I must have her.

    > did you testride?

    Actually when I asked the price (it wasn't TOO bad) I said, "Oh good, I
    only have to prostitute myself for a few months then," and he said, "No
    worries. We'll pay well."

    Tam

  7. dave

    dave Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > Bleve wrote:
    >
    >>Tamyka Bell wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am in love. I met her this morning. She is a silvery full-carbon
    >>>Bianchi Luna (maybe L'una). Paul (mechanic) insisted upon bringing her
    >>>outside into the sunlight and then she shimmered with all the colours of
    >>>the rainbow. I must have her.

    >>did you testride?

    > Actually when I asked the price (it wasn't TOO bad) I said, "Oh good, I
    > only have to prostitute myself for a few months then," and he said, "No
    > worries. We'll pay well."
    >
    > Tam

    Not what I meant when I said its important to have a good relationship
    with a bike shop

    Dave

  8. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    hey, that's the same frame (made with silver bits in the weave) as I crunched in a pothole recently. maybe the black ones arent as good :confused:

  9. coowoowoo

    coowoowoo New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2004
    You have to watch those Italian ones. They look all sporty when they're
    young but once they've got you they turn into overweight tourers with
    big panniers.

    Hey.... whats with the overweight pannier loving stereotype? Careful there or I'll be rolling home tonight with pannier in hand waiting to hurl it..

  10. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >I am in love. I met her this morning. She is a silvery full-carbon
    > Bianchi Luna (maybe L'una). Paul (mechanic) insisted upon bringing her
    > outside into the sunlight and then she shimmered with all the colours of
    > the rainbow. I must have her.
    >
    > Tam

    Luna=moon It's all feminine and yin and stuff. I've seen one of those
    silvery carbon Bianchis at John Beasley Cycles (LBS on the western side of
    Melbourne) and they're pretty beyond all reason. Yes, you must have her. Of
    course, you know that everyone on this group with the exception of FD who's
    shy, having been recently bitten, will tell you that you need this bike.
    They are, of course, absolutely correct. We'll expect pictures next week
    when you bring her home of both her and the local organised crime chapter
    member who lent you the money.

  11. Jay Woo

    Jay Woo Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > Bleve wrote:
    > >
    > > Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > > > I am in love. I met her this morning. She is a silvery full-carbon
    > > > Bianchi Luna (maybe L'una). Paul (mechanic) insisted upon bringing her
    > > > outside into the sunlight and then she shimmered with all the colours of
    > > > the rainbow. I must have her.

    > > did you testride?

    > Actually when I asked the price (it wasn't TOO bad) I said, "Oh good, I
    > only have to prostitute myself for a few months then," and he said, "No
    > worries. We'll pay well."
    >
    > Tam

    My whoring has finished, so I went a saw my pinup girl in the fleash
    yesterday Took one for a test ride, mmmmm. The deposit's down on a
    lovely lass from Canada (just the frameset). She's waiting in Sydney
    for me, and is being shipped down to Melb in the next couple of days.
    Mmmmmm, plastic.
    I also finished a little side project last night on a 'wana-be-wog'.
    She's a SS (2nd hand Piconi Frame/fork). And like any 'wanna-be-wog' ya
    gota do laps of Lygon street maay-da. I was track standing on her
    waiting for the lights to change and this kid goes "nice bike",
    "cheers... it's her first night out" I says. So she's a head-turn-a by
    the sounds of it! ;D

  12. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    dave wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > > Bleve wrote:

    > >>did you testride?

    > > Actually when I asked the price (it wasn't TOO bad) I said, "Oh good, I
    > > only have to prostitute myself for a few months then," and he said, "No
    > > worries. We'll pay well."
    > >
    > > Tam

    > Not what I meant when I said its important to have a good relationship
    > with a bike shop
    >
    > Dave

    Lotte's been teaching me.

    Tam

  13. MikeyOz

    MikeyOz New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003
    I test rode one of these when i was looking for my bike, for one it stood out from the crowd that is for sure, and it certainly did ride the best of the 3 bianchi bikes I tried, although I must admit the first 2 were pretty garbage.... it was pretty nice, but "personally" it did not match the feeling of the ride I ended up buying... but that is all very personal... was definately a nice bike though.

  14. trek-man

    trek-man New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2005

  15. trek-man

    trek-man New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2005
    Oh oh i know, Tam the personal trainer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kaching

  16. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    You might wanna ask FDs advice first.

  17. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    given my 2 bob's worth. It was still 'was' a nice bike and I woulda got the Luna if I could. definite '10' on the p0rnometer

  18. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    Yeah, for some reason I missed all post, bar the first one, when I posted, so I did not see that you had posted already.
    Any news on that anyway?

  19. Dancier

    Dancier New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2005
    I needed you and your new love in Worri Yallock yesterday, magpies swooping for about 200mtrs. I understand they are attracted to bright shiny things.

  20. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:

    > Claes Wrote:
    > > You might wanna ask FDs advice first.

    > given my 2 bob's worth. It was still 'was' a nice bike and I woulda got
    > the Luna if I could. definite '10' on the p0rnometer
    >
    > --
    > flyingdutch

    So if I was riding the L'una, would that make me a p0rn star?

    Tam