Love It Or Leave It--Hein

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Brian Lafferty, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Canuck

    Canuck Guest

    "Brian Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > As for doping, I've change my view. IMO, all doping should be allowed, provided the rider
    > signs an informed consent to the protocol and a fund is set up to support widows and orphans.

    Why? The racers do it for $$$ and ego, they know the risks. If it is that bad, let them self-insure
    with life insurance. Millions of such policies are spammed over the Internet every day.

    People take recreational drugs that are arguably more dangerous to one's health for no $$$ at all
    (it costs them $$$) for the "widows and orphans". Why should the performance-enhancing drug takers
    be given favorable treatment?

  2. [email protected] (Amit) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Brian Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<vVwV9.12811
    >
    > > As for doping, I've change my view. IMO, all doping should be allowed, provided the rider
    > > signs an informed consent to the protocol and a fund is set up to support widows and
    > > orphans.
    > >

    > Some fans and cynical types might not care if doping is allowed, but enough people and sponsors
    > don't like the message doping sends that a "everything-goes" policy will kill the sport, or at
    > least turn it into a circus like pro-wrestling.
    >
    > -Amit

    Once it's allowed, it ain't doping.

    -RJ