Lovely ride

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Callas, Jul 6, 2004.

  1. Callas

    Callas Guest

    Departed 15:00, returned 20:00.

    Thought since this is the first decent day we've had for a while and
    probably will have for a while, I'd go for something longer.

    Spent the first hour doing errands - bought some Bondus allen keys -
    they're fantastic! I've had totally awful allen keys and not known.
    With these new keys I was able to thouroughly screw in the USE seat
    clamp pins - something I'd never been able to do properly before.

    Did between 60 and 75 miles, I think, judging by water consumption; one
    bottle lasts between 20 and 25 miles depending on temperature, and I got
    through three and was dry for the last two miles or so.

    Wanted to do another 50 miles, but it was getting late.

    I'm at a point now where I'm (finally) comfortable enough on my bike to
    be able to cycle indefinetely, although having said that my right hand
    was starting to hurt towards the end, since it's not used to being the
    breaking hand (I've recently switched to using front break only).

    I got a water refill while I was out, but you can't always count on
    finding a petrol station on B roads and going into pubs can something be
    a bit awkward - lots of people looking at you like you're an alien and
    all the conversation stops.

    Might be time for a Camelbak. Are they any good?

    --
    Callas

    Tags:

  2. davek

    davek Guest

    Callas:
    > Might be time for a Camelbak. Are they any good?

    Yes and no. They're very good at doing the job they are meant to do. They
    also have useful little pockets for storing keys, mobile phone, etc.
    However, I hate having anything on my back while riding, so I tend not to
    use my Camelbak very often.

    d.

  3. Tumbleweed

    Tumbleweed Guest

    "Callas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    <snip>

    > Did between 60 and 75 miles, I think, judging by water consumption; one
    > bottle lasts between 20 and 25 miles depending on temperature, and I got
    > through three and was dry for the last two miles or so.

    I must remember to drink more to increase my average speed :)

    --
    Tumbleweed

    tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

  4. Callas

    Callas Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > "Callas" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > Did between 60 and 75 miles, I think, judging by water consumption; one
    > > bottle lasts between 20 and 25 miles depending on temperature, and I got
    > > through three and was dry for the last two miles or so.

    > I must remember to drink more to increase my average speed :)

    And this is of course in fact *actually true*, just totally not in the
    way you meant :)

    --
    Callas