Lovely ride

Callas

Guest
Departed 15:00, returned 20:00.

Thought since this is the first decent day we've had for a while and
probably will have for a while, I'd go for something longer.

Spent the first hour doing errands - bought some Bondus allen keys -
they're fantastic! I've had totally awful allen keys and not known.
With these new keys I was able to thouroughly screw in the USE seat
clamp pins - something I'd never been able to do properly before.

Did between 60 and 75 miles, I think, judging by water consumption; one
bottle lasts between 20 and 25 miles depending on temperature, and I got
through three and was dry for the last two miles or so.

Wanted to do another 50 miles, but it was getting late.

I'm at a point now where I'm (finally) comfortable enough on my bike to
be able to cycle indefinetely, although having said that my right hand
was starting to hurt towards the end, since it's not used to being the
breaking hand (I've recently switched to using front break only).

I got a water refill while I was out, but you can't always count on
finding a petrol station on B roads and going into pubs can something be
a bit awkward - lots of people looking at you like you're an alien and
all the conversation stops.

Might be time for a Camelbak. Are they any good?

--
Callas

Callas:
> Might be time for a Camelbak. Are they any good?

Yes and no. They're very good at doing the job they are meant to do. They
also have useful little pockets for storing keys, mobile phone, etc.
However, I hate having anything on my back while riding, so I tend not to
use my Camelbak very often.

d.

"Callas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
<snip>

> Did between 60 and 75 miles, I think, judging by water consumption; one
> bottle lasts between 20 and 25 miles depending on temperature, and I got
> through three and was dry for the last two miles or so.

I must remember to drink more to increase my average speed :)

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

[email protected] wrote:
> "Callas" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Did between 60 and 75 miles, I think, judging by water consumption; one
> > bottle lasts between 20 and 25 miles depending on temperature, and I got
> > through three and was dry for the last two miles or so.

> I must remember to drink more to increase my average speed :)

And this is of course in fact *actually true*, just totally not in the
way you meant :)

--
Callas