General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Low blood pressure high pulse rate, why?

Started by Don · · Last activity · 3 posts · 836 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 August 2003
Last activity
20 August 2003
Original author
Don
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
836
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am 31 Male 214 lbs. I have a heart murmur that the doctor says is ok
    after ekg.

    I have a pulse rate usually of 79 or higher and blood pressure of
    108/62. I exercise regulary. (Running) WHy is my pulse so high? Is
    there a potential problem?

  2. Very good blood pressure. A resting pulse rate over 83 can predict
    greater risk, see below. Your pulse rate of 79 is getting close. Have
    you been sick? I'd suggest calling the Dr. Mirkin radio show
    available online at www.drmirkin.com

    "FAST HEART RATE INCREASES RISK FOR HEART ATTACK

    Gabe Mirkin, M.D.

    Having a fast resting heart rate increases your risk for suffering a
    heart attack (1,6) and dying early (7).

    Everything that you do, thinking, eating and moving speeds up your
    heart. So to know your resting heart rate, check it when you first
    wake in the morning. Place your fingers on the side of your neck where
    you feel a strong heart beat. Count your heart rate. If it beats more
    than 83 times a minute, you are three times more likely to suffer a
    heart attack in the next three years.

    The test is dependable only if you are not sick, not under unusual
    stress and have not been working excessively hard for the last few
    days. A high heart rate increases is associated with higher blood
    pressures that damages arteries and forms plaques (5). A fast heart
    rate can knock plaques from arteries to block blood flow and cause
    heart attacks (3). If your resting heart rate is greater than 83,
    check with your doctor. "

    [email hidden] (Don) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I am 31 Male 214 lbs. I have a heart murmur that the doctor says is ok
    after ekg.

    I have a pulse rate usually of 79 or higher and blood pressure of
    108/62. I exercise regulary. (Running) WHy is my pulse so high? Is
    there a potential problem?

  3. [email hidden] (Don) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I am 31 Male 214 lbs. I have a heart murmur that the doctor says is ok
    after ekg.

    I have a pulse rate usually of 79 or higher and blood pressure of
    108/62. I exercise regulary. (Running) WHy is my pulse so high? Is
    there a potential problem?

    A heart rate of 79 is still normal. Your weight sounds excessive.

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist
    http://www.heartmdphd.com/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.