Low Carb Restaurants in Phoenix, AZ??

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Spudy, Jan 1, 2005.

  1. Spudy

    Spudy Guest

    Hello:

    Does anyone know if there are any restaurants that offers low carb
    menus in the Phoenix, AZ area?

    Thanks in advance for your help!
    Spudy

    Tags:

  2. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    "Spudy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hello:
    >
    > Does anyone know if there are any restaurants that offers low carb
    > menus in the Phoenix, AZ area?

    Are there any steak houses around? Steak and salad, steak and veggies.

    Are there any Ruby Tuesday's there?

  3. Sprgtime

    Sprgtime Guest

    "Spudy" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Does anyone know if there are any restaurants that offers low carb
    > menus in the Phoenix, AZ area?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help!

    http://www.carbwire.com/category/restaurants

    If you're new to low-carb, I think it's easier to avoid restaurants until
    your body (and tastebuds) get used to it... there can always be hidden carbs
    (additives in sauces, etc.) and less control when you go out to eat than
    when you've prepared the food yourself.

    --
    Spring
    LC since 1/1/04

    "Before" & "current" pics at link below:
    http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sprgsnow/album?.tok=phX4sVBBuvxvs4Hs&.dir=/55b8&.src=ph

  4. Spudy

    Spudy Guest

    Thank you to Roger and Spring for your help. The diet is not for me.
    It's for my brother. He's been on the low-carb diet for about 6 months
    now and lost 60 lbs. I want to take him to a low-carb restaurant for
    his birthday. :)

    On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 23:11:00 -0500, "Sprgtime" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Spudy" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    >> Does anyone know if there are any restaurants that offers low carb
    >> menus in the Phoenix, AZ area?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for your help!

    >http://www.carbwire.com/category/restaurants
    >
    >If you're new to low-carb, I think it's easier to avoid restaurants until
    >your body (and tastebuds) get used to it... there can always be hidden carbs
    >(additives in sauces, etc.) and less control when you go out to eat than
    >when you've prepared the food yourself.

  5. Lilith79

    Lilith79 Guest

    Sprgtime wrote:
    > "Spudy" <[email protected]> wrote
    >

    >>Does anyone know if there are any restaurants that offers low carb
    >>menus in the Phoenix, AZ area?
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance for your help!

    > http://www.carbwire.com/category/restaurants
    >
    > If you're new to low-carb, I think it's easier to avoid restaurants until
    > your body (and tastebuds) get used to it... there can always be hidden carbs
    > (additives in sauces, etc.) and less control when you go out to eat than
    > when you've prepared the food yourself.

    Thanks for the link! I even submitted a resturant chain to them-Fire
    Mountain Grill (or Ryan's Steak House in some areas). It's an all you
    can eat steak buffet! :) Many options abound there including salad,
    steak, chicken, fish, hamburger, taco fixings, sugar free mousse, sugar
    free gelatin, sugar free whipped topping, and fruit.