Low drop road stem

I suppose I'm overdue for an update. I considered all of your suggestions (many thanks BTW) and ended up getting a 11cm length Deda Newton Pista stem. This "track" stem offered the low drop, style and quality that I was looking for. My build is complete and I've been riding it for many months. See photo.

Attachments

• DSC07377.JPG
    DSC07377.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 6
I guess there's an unwritten rule that if you don't show your bike, it really doesn't exist.....

Attached to the Deda Newton Pista stem is a Deda Newton handlebar and a 2006 Eddy Merckx MXM carbon frameset with Campy Record Hiddenset, 2010 SRAM Force group, Zero Gravity brakeset, Prologo Choice saddle (to be replaced with a Fizik Aliante Carbon soon), Selcof carbon seatpost, LOOK CX6 Ti pedals, HED Jet 60 wheelset, Michelin Pro Race 3 tires and CeramicSpeed ceramic bearing upgrades to BB, hubs and RD pulleys.

Yeah, that is stunning. And the gold handlebar tape is great!

How do you like those wheels?

Wow, nice stuff for sure.

Originally Posted by alienator .

You might check to see what Oval Concepts has to offer. Here is a pic of Cadel Evans on his Silence Lotto bike, and as you can see, his stem drops below horizontal (is >17°). It appears to be an Oval stem.

ce_rh_complete_bike.jpg

Originally Posted by Tech72 .

I've been looking at various brands and models of road stem to find the one with the lowest drop. Since there is no industry measuring standard, trying to decipher the manufacturer's posted specs is confusing. Some use the steerer column angle as the reference point. Others use the rise from horizontal and/or vertical, etc. I'm getting a headache trying to cross reference all the various specs.

So my question is; what is the road stem with the lowest or greatest amount of drop without having to go with a track stem or an adjustable angle stem? I'm looking for a stem that in essence, points downwards, not rise above the horizontal line. For reference, the head tube angle on my frame is 73 degrees and I'm looking for a 11cm length stem. The stem must be a threadless type with a steerer tube diameter of 1-1/8" and the handlebar clamp diameter of 31.8mm. Preferred brands are (in no particular order): FSA, Cinelli, 3T, Ritchey, ITM, Deda, ZIPP.

I've searched the forum but have had no luck finding the information I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.
Torelli Bormio stem