Just out of the hospital and on a low fiber diet for a few weeks after colon problems. The recommendations on the hospital's diet suggestions list are unclear about a couple of things.
1. The sheet says "flake cereal" is OK. What brands/type of "flake cereal" are OK? Corn Flakes, Cheerios? Corn and corn meal are on the Not OK list, and many breakfast cereals seem to contain corn.
2. What about ripe olives? I can't figure out if an olive has a skin like a grape.
3. Grits? (OK, I live in the south where we actually like grits.
"Tony Cooper" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Just out of the hospital and on a low fiber diet for a few weeks after colon problems. The recommendations on the hospital's diet suggestions list are unclear about a couple of things.
1. The sheet says "flake cereal" is OK. What brands/type of "flake cereal" are OK? Corn Flakes, Cheerios? Corn and corn meal are on the Not OK list, and many breakfast cereals seem to contain corn.
It seems simple. If you are on a low-fiber diet, look at the nutritional information on the labels. If there is no or little fiber and no corn in the ingredients, you probably have a winner.
Quoted message said:
2. What about ripe olives? I can't figure out if an olive has a skin like a grape.
Yeah, it does.
Quoted message said:
3. Grits? (OK, I live in the south where we actually like grits.
Isn't that corn?
Anyway, these sound like good questions to ask your doctors.
Just out of the hospital and on a low fiber diet for a few weeks after colon problems. The recommendations on the hospital's diet suggestions list are unclear about a couple of things.
1. The sheet says "flake cereal" is OK. What brands/type of "flake cereal" are OK? Corn Flakes, Cheerios? Corn and corn meal are on the Not OK list, and many breakfast cereals seem to contain corn.
2. What about ripe olives? I can't figure out if an olive has a skin like a grape.
3. Grits? (OK, I live in the south where we actually like grits.
I'd suggest you read package labels for fiber content, then follow your doc's recommendation for grams per day.
If you are really trying to avoid fiber, you should probably just avoid grain altogether... -- Om.
"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson