Low Point Sausage

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Charlie, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    I need to add more choices to my breakfast.

    Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?

    I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.

    Thank you

    Charlie

    Tags:

  2. Krys

    Krys Guest

    I take it you're US not UK? Cos over here there are several lean/low fat sausages available, and
    then (though veggie) there are Quorn ones which aren't bad either........

    --
    krys

    UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
    making progress.

    "Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
    >
    > Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
    >
    > I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
    >

    > Thank you
    >
    > Charlie

  3. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Charlie wrote:

    > I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
    >
    > Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
    >
    > I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Charlie

    Where are you? Here in the UK there are lots of brands of low fat sausages (most supermarkets carry
    several plus their own in-house ones), which work out at 1.5 points rather than the usual 3 for a
    fat sausage.

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  4. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    I found lean ground turkey sausage at Harris Teeter. It is 1 point per link... I will try it for
    breakfast tomorrow....

    Charlie

    "Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
    >
    > Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
    >
    > I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
    >

    > Thank you
    >
    > Charlie

  5. Frood

    Frood Guest

    Just don't try the Tofurky veggie sausage, thinking it's low point! It figures out to 6
    pts per link!

    --
    Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

    "Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
    >
    > Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
    >
    > I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
    >

    > Thank you
    >
    > Charlie

  6. Has anyone tried to make their own lowfat sausages? Looking for a recipe if anyone has. DH gave me a
    sausage stuffer attachment for my Kitchen Aid Mixer for Christmas.
    --
    Brenda
    209/178/150 RafL goal 165

    "Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
    >
    > Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
    >
    > I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
    >

    > Thank you
    >
    > Charlie

  7. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Tesco's low fat sausages are only 1 point each according to my calculator thing, and they don't
    taste half bad either!

    I tried some of one of hubby's the other day - and the sheer fat in it - ick. I think I actively
    prefer mine!

    --
    krys

    UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
    making progress.

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > Charlie wrote:
    > >
    > > I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
    > >
    > > Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
    > >
    > > I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
    > >
    > > Thank you
    > >
    > > Charlie
    >

    > Where are you? Here in the UK there are lots of brands of low fat sausages (most supermarkets
    > carry several plus their own in-house ones), which work out at 1.5 points rather than the usual 3
    > for a fat sausage.
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  8. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    I am in the US.. I got Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Kroger, Farm Fresh, and Walmart.

    "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I take it you're US not UK? Cos over here there are several lean/low fat sausages available, and
    > then (though veggie) there are Quorn ones which aren't bad either........
    >
    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but making
    > progress.
    >
    > "Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
    > >
    > > Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
    > >
    > > I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
    > >

    > > Thank you
    > >
    > > Charlie

  9. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    I gotcha... I ate the Turkey Links this morning and they were very good.....

    Charlie

    "frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Just don't try the Tofurky veggie sausage, thinking it's low point! It figures out to 6 pts
    > per link!
    >
    > --
    > Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply
    >

    > "Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
    > >
    > > Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
    > >
    > > I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
    > >

    > > Thank you
    > >
    > > Charlie

  10. The only sausages I've been able to find around here (other than the veggie ones) are really high in
    fat. Wish I could find some low fat ones. Guess I need to check more stores (although we don't have
    much choice around here - it's Albertsons, Fred Meyers, or Walmart or just small local markets).
    --
    Donna in Idaho! Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/ The
    ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

    Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply

    "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Tesco's low fat sausages are only 1 point each according to my calculator thing, and they don't
    > taste half bad either!
    >
    > I tried some of one of hubby's the other day - and the sheer fat in it - ick. I think I actively
    > prefer mine!
    >
    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but making
    > progress.
    >
    > "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > online.co.uk...
    > > Charlie wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
    > > >
    > > > Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
    > > >
    > > > I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
    > > >
    > > > Thank you
    > > >
    > > > Charlie
    > >

    > > Where are you? Here in the UK there are lots of brands of low fat sausages (most supermarkets
    > > carry several plus their own in-house ones), which work out at 1.5 points rather than the usual
    > > 3 for a fat sausage.
    > > --

    > > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-
    > > online.co.uk Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  11. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    krys wrote:

    > Tesco's low fat sausages are only 1 point each according to my calculator thing, and they don't
    > taste half bad either!
    >
    > I tried some of one of hubby's the other day - and the sheer fat in it - ick. I think I actively
    > prefer mine!

    I have find more fat coming out of Tesco low fat ones than comes out of some 'ordinary' ones! Try
    Sansbury's Be good to yourself, or Bowyers. Co-op are fine, too.

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  12. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Is there a Costco in Boise? I believe they had a lower fat sausage? Then again, they also cater to
    their market and low-fat may not be THE THING over there (G)

    On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:03:22 GMT, "Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The only sausages I've been able to find around here (other than the veggie ones) are really high
    >in fat. Wish I could find some low fat ones. Guess I need to check more stores (although we don't
    >have much choice around here - it's Albertsons, Fred Meyers, or Walmart or just small local
    >markets).

  13. Yes, we have a Costco. I'll look a little more carefully next time I'm there. That's where I get the
    veggie sausages. I like them, but my husband refuses to eat them!