Low Point Sausage

Charlie

Guest
I need to add more choices to my breakfast.

Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?

I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.

Thank you

Charlie

I take it you're US not UK? Cos over here there are several lean/low fat sausages available, and
then (though veggie) there are Quorn ones which aren't bad either........

--
krys

UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
making progress.

Charlie wrote:

> I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
>
> Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
>
> I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
>
> Thank you
>
> Charlie

Where are you? Here in the UK there are lots of brands of low fat sausages (most supermarkets carry
several plus their own in-house ones), which work out at 1.5 points rather than the usual 3 for a
fat sausage.

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

I found lean ground turkey sausage at Harris Teeter. It is 1 point per link... I will try it for
breakfast tomorrow....

Charlie

"Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:cVoLb.30624$JD6.5942@lakeread04...
> I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
>
> Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
>
> I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
>

> Thank you
>
> Charlie

Has anyone tried to make their own lowfat sausages? Looking for a recipe if anyone has. DH gave me a
sausage stuffer attachment for my Kitchen Aid Mixer for Christmas.
--
Brenda
209/178/150 RafL goal 165

"Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:cVoLb.30624$JD6.5942@lakeread04...
> I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
>
> Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
>
> I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
>

> Thank you
>
> Charlie

Tesco's low fat sausages are only 1 point each according to my calculator thing, and they don't
taste half bad either!

I tried some of one of hubby's the other day - and the sheer fat in it - ick. I think I actively
prefer mine!

--
krys

UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
making progress.

"Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
online.co.uk...
> Charlie wrote:
> >
> > I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
> >
> > Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
> >
> > I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Charlie
>

> Where are you? Here in the UK there are lots of brands of low fat sausages (most supermarkets
> carry several plus their own in-house ones), which work out at 1.5 points rather than the usual 3
> for a fat sausage.
> --

> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
> Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

I am in the US.. I got Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Kroger, Farm Fresh, and Walmart.

"krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I take it you're US not UK? Cos over here there are several lean/low fat sausages available, and
> then (though veggie) there are Quorn ones which aren't bad either........
>
> --
> krys
>
> UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but making
> progress.
>
> "Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:cVoLb.30624$JD6.5942@lakeread04...
> > I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
> >
> > Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
> >
> > I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
> >

> > Thank you
> >
> > Charlie

I gotcha... I ate the Turkey Links this morning and they were very good.....

Charlie

"frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Just don't try the Tofurky veggie sausage, thinking it's low point! It figures out to 6 pts
> per link!
>
> --
> Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply
>

> "Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:cVoLb.30624$JD6.5942@lakeread04...
> > I need to add more choices to my breakfast.
> >
> > Any low point sausage out there other than the veggie stuff?
> >
> > I see the turkey sausage at my store but it seems to be high in fat.
> >

> > Thank you
> >
> > Charlie

The only sausages I've been able to find around here (other than the veggie ones) are really high in
fat. Wish I could find some low fat ones. Guess I need to check more stores (although we don't have
much choice around here - it's Albertsons, Fred Meyers, or Walmart or just small local markets).
--
Donna in Idaho! Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/ The
ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply

krys wrote:

> Tesco's low fat sausages are only 1 point each according to my calculator thing, and they don't
> taste half bad either!
>
> I tried some of one of hubby's the other day - and the sheer fat in it - ick. I think I actively
> prefer mine!

I have find more fat coming out of Tesco low fat ones than comes out of some 'ordinary' ones! Try
Sansbury's Be good to yourself, or Bowyers. Co-op are fine, too.

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Is there a Costco in Boise? I believe they had a lower fat sausage? Then again, they also cater to
their market and low-fat may not be THE THING over there (G)

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:03:22 GMT, "Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The only sausages I've been able to find around here (other than the veggie ones) are really high
>in fat. Wish I could find some low fat ones. Guess I need to check more stores (although we don't
>have much choice around here - it's Albertsons, Fred Meyers, or Walmart or just small local
>markets).

Yes, we have a Costco. I'll look a little more carefully next time I'm there. That's where I get the
veggie sausages. I like them, but my husband refuses to eat them!