Low Vitamin D Status May Contribute to Development of Congestive Heart Failure

Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:35:19 +0200 in article
<[email protected]> Matti Narkia <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Trang HM, Cole DE, Rubin LA, Pierratos A, Siu S, Vieth R. Evidence that vitamin D3 increases serum
>25-hydroxyvitamin D more efficiently than does vitamin D2. Am J Clin Nutr. 1998 Oct;68(4):854-8.
><URL:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=retrieve&db=pubmed&list_uids=9771862&dopt=-
>Abstract>

Full text of this article is freely available in PDF-format at

<URL:http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/reprint/68/4/854.pdf>

--
Matti Narkia

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:58:12 +0100, Thorsten Schier <[email protected]> wrote:

>Wouldn't you agree that it would be a bit ... petty ... of a god to doom people for eternity just
>because they don't believe in him or his son?

No.

>How would you call a mother that kills her children just because they don't believe that she is
>their real mother, for whatever reasons?

Two entirely different concepts, apples and ash buckets. God does not "play" by rules of men.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap031109.html Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

On 7 Jan 2004 17:55:45 -0600, Brian Sandle <[email protected]> wrote:

>It sort of sounds as if you are implying that though medical science has knowledge of how to heal,
>doctors are not going to do it always, so patients better just get ready to meet their maker,
>perhaps for an afterworld.

Regardless of the efficiency of any physician, patients had best be prepared to do just that.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap031109.html Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

Matti Narkia <[email protected]> wrote:

> It seems that patients with kidney stones or lymphomas have elevated 1,25 (OH)2D levels,

Maybe the body is trying to raise the level to metabolise the calcium out of the stones? Does it
depend on the type of stone?

> while renal disease results in decreased levels of 1,25 (OH)2D.

Probably the kidney helps with the conversion.

Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Matti Narkia wrote:
>
>>Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:02:15 -0500 in article <[email protected]> "Dr. Andrew B.
>>Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>The answer is "no" because there have been no studies with data that suggest that Vitamin D
>>>supplementation prevents heart attacks.

If there have been no definitive studies, then the answer must be "We don't know."

>>>Indeed, there is some research data that suggest the opposite.

"Suggest" isn't the same as "prove." The answer is "We don't know."

>>>For example:
>>>
>>>http://makeashorterlink.com/?O20352FF6
>>
>><untruthful hissing snipped>

Matti's citations are "untruthful" says Chung. All those researchers lied. Chung "knows" that
they did that.

One study from one population in south India(!) is what Chung cites. Matti cites others that offer a
better overview of the entire picture and, thereby, emphasize the old questions/doubts about Chung's
competence and integrity in discourse.

Chung's "truth discernment" crashes around his ears, yet again. But his deceiver mode kicks in full
speed ahead.

Pastorio

A Mugnificent Desolation schrieb:

> >> He is doomed until he accepts Christ as his Lord and Savior.
>
> On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 23:58:12 +0100, Thorsten Schier <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Wouldn't you agree that it would be a bit ... petty ... of a god to doom people for eternity just
> >because they don't believe in him or his son?
>
> No.
>
> >How would you call a mother that kills her children just because they don't believe that she is
> >their real mother, for whatever reasons?
>
> Two entirely different concepts, apples and ash buckets. God does not "play" by rules of men.

Would you care to explain the difference?

Thorsten

--
"Nothing in biology makes sense, except in the light of evolution"

(Theodosius Dobzhansky)

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:

> Matti Narkia wrote:
>
> > Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:02:15 -0500 in article <[email protected]> "Dr. Andrew B.
> > Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > >The answer is "no" because there have been no studies with data that suggest that Vitamin D
> > >supplementation prevents heart attacks.
> > >
> > >Indeed, there is some research data that suggest the opposite.
> > >
> > >For example:
> > >
> > >http://makeashorterlink.com/?O20352FF6
> > >
> > <untruthful hissing snipped>
>
> You poor guy.
>
> May you be more truthful in 2004.

I suspect there must be a problem with your newsreader. I don't know what it displayed to you, but
the posting from Matti that I have read can hardly be described as "untruthful hissing". Neither did
he hiss, nor did he appear to be untruthful.

Thorsten

--

A Mugnificent Desolation <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> He is doomed until he accepts Christ as his Lord and Savior.

> On 7 Jan 2004 17:55:45 -0600, Brian Sandle <[email protected]> wrote:

>>It sort of sounds as if you are implying that though medical science has knowledge of how to heal,
>>doctors are not going to do it always, so patients better just get ready to meet their maker,
>>perhaps for an afterworld.

> Regardless of the efficiency of any physician, patients had best be prepared to do just that.

> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap031109.html Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

And thanks to Matti for the input.

Life has lessons, and if we do not experience maturity then where do we get them?

Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 01:28:57 +0100, Thorsten Schier
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> No. It seems to me that you are trying to judge God.
>
>No. I'm just using common sense and logic. There is just no point in a god who creates the universe
>and mankind and then judges people on whether they worship him or not.

You had best stop trying to put God in your box, TS. He won't fit.

>> Jesus says in Matthew 7:
>>
>> 1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be
>> judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
>
>And yet, Christians usually _do_ judge persons who commit crimes.

Temporal, earthly judgments.

> As far as I know, in many states of your country, which is a Christian country after all, a mother
> who killed her children would run the risk of being killed by the state in turn. Otherwise she
> would usually imprisoned for lifetime. Please correct me, if I am wrong on this.

You are not wrong except in your continuing attempts to define God by your means.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap031109.html Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.

Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:08:50 -0500 in article <[email protected]>
Bob Pastorio <[email protected]> wrote:

>Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>
>> Matti Narkia wrote:

>If there have been no definitive studies, then the answer must be "We don't know."

>"Suggest" isn't the same as "prove." The answer is "We don't know."

>>><untruthful hissing snipped>
>
>Matti's citations are "untruthful" says Chung. All those researchers lied. Chung "knows" that they
>did that.

This shows once again that Chung does not have a passion for truth, which is required from a
scientist. In fact, as shown, he does not even take science seriously at all. Only if it suits into
his insane agenda, he can refer to one or two carefully handpicked studies, which at first sight
might give some support to his agenda; at the same time he ignores all the other studies and
opposing evidence.

--
Matti Narkia

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:56:28 +0100, Thorsten Schier
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> >How would you call a mother that kills her children just because they don't believe that she is
>> >their real mother, for whatever reasons?
>>
>> Two entirely different concepts, apples and ash buckets. God does not "play" by rules of men.
>>

>Would you care to explain the difference?

I just did.

Thorsten Schier wrote:

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:
> >
> > Matti Narkia wrote:

> > > <untruthful hissing snipped>
> >
> > You poor guy.
> >
> > May you be more truthful in 2004.
> >

> I suspect there must be a problem with your newsreader.

Your suspicions are unfounded.

May you also find yourself being more truthful in 2004.

You remain in my prayers, neighbor.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

A Mugnificent Desolation <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Two entirely different concepts, apples and ash buckets. God does not "play" by rules of men.
>>>

>>Would you care to explain the difference?
>
>I just did.

Your usual babble, I see. You need to get your head out of the ass bucket. Bite the apple.

Mu2

Matti Narkia wrote:

> Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:08:50 -0500 in article <[email protected]> Bob Pastorio
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> >If there have been no definitive studies, then the answer must be "We don't know."

> >"Suggest" isn't the same as "prove." The answer is "We don't know."

> ><Satanic hissing snipped>
> >
> <more untruthful hissing snipped>

You poor guys.

Ya'll remain in my prayers, neighbors.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

>> ><Satanic hissing snipped>
>> >
>> <more untruthful hissing snipped>

Hey, can I borrow your snippers? I need them to trim a few hairs up my ass. They really seem to be
bothering me.

Mu2

A Mugnificent Desolation schrieb:

> >> Two entirely different concepts, apples and ash buckets. God does not "play" by rules of men.
> >>

> >Would you care to explain the difference?
>
> I just did.

Only in your imagination, I suppose.

Thorsten

--
"Nothing in biology makes sense, except in the light of evolution"

(Theodosius Dobzhansky)

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:

> Thorsten Schier wrote:

> > > No. It seems to me that you are trying to judge God.
> >
> > No. I'm just using common sense and logic. There is just no point in a god who creates the
> > universe and mankind and then judges people on whether they worship him or not.
> >

> Neither my perspective nor your prespective are those of God's.

> > > Jesus says in Matthew 7:
> > >
> > > 1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will
> > > be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
> >
> > And yet, Christians usually _do_ judge persons who commit crimes.
>
> A jury might but individual christians should not.
>
> > As far as I know, in many states of your country, which is a Christian country after all,
>
> Actually, the U.S. is not a christian country. The founding fathers of this country were diests.
>
> See:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/greendalek/diests.html
>
> > a mother who killed her children would run the risk of being killed by the state in turn.
>
> If judged guilty of breaking the laws by a jury of her peers.
>
> > Otherwise she would usually imprisoned for lifetime. Please correct me, if I am wrong on this.
> >

> You are wrong that I or any christian would judge her.

Do Christians usually refuse to take part in a jury?

Are you claiming that people like George W. Bush (who is responsible for the death of several dozens
of prisoners during his time as gouvernor in Texas after all) are no Christians?

Thorsten

--
"Nothing in biology makes sense, except in the light of evolution"

(Theodosius Dobzhansky)

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" schrieb:

> Thorsten Schier wrote:

> > > You poor guy.
> > >
> > > May you be more truthful in 2004.
> > >

> > I suspect there must be a problem with your newsreader.
>
> Your suspicions are unfounded.
>
> May you also find yourself being more truthful in 2004.

May you learn that not everyone who disagrees with you is "untruthful".

> You remain in my prayers, neighbor.

Thank you. I hope you are not too disappointed that I don't return the favor as I don't believe
in prayers.

Thorsten

--
"Nothing in biology makes sense, except in the light of evolution"

(Theodosius Dobzhansky)

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Your suspicions are unfounded.

And your proof is?