lower back cramps while racing

Mike P

Guest
Please excuse me if this is not pertinent to this newsgroup.

When I race, I get lower back cramps on both sides of my lower back. I just did a crit on Saturday,
and I cramped up after half a lap and sat at 185 - 194 HR the entire race.

It wasn't pleasent. When I get these cramps and I just cannot get any oxygen.

Is this a streatching issue or maybe a dehyrdation issue? Would warming up more help? I can't seem
to locate anything on the net related to this problem.

Thanks, Mike

It's a fitness issue. If you have to keep everything all on for the entire race you're going to
cramp. When you get fitter you'll find yourself relaxing in the pack a little more with some reserve
and you'll move around on the bike a little instead of being frozen into your 'max output' body
position for 30+ minutes.

"Mike P" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> Please excuse me if this is not pertinent to this newsgroup.
>
> When I race, I get lower back cramps on both sides of my lower back.
> just did a crit on Saturday, and I cramped up after half a lap and
sat at
> 185 - 194 HR the entire race.
>
> It wasn't pleasent. When I get these cramps and I just cannot get
any
> oxygen.
>
> Is this a streatching issue or maybe a dehyrdation issue? Would
warming up
> more help? I can't seem to locate anything on the net related to
this problem.

> Thanks, Mike

your position may need tweaked. bars up a bit, back a bit etc.... also, get your abs in much better
shape and this tends to go away.

PMS maybe?

Try this: http://www.comforthouse.com/comfort/pms.html