Lower Back Pain! It's not getting better.

Fhernand

Feb 3, 2006
This year has not gone as planned on my bike. I have been struggling with lower back pain for several months now. Last year I did not struggle at all other than some minor soreness for being off the saddle on hard climbs. This year I can't shake the soreness off. I'm very conciencious about stretching before and after. I have my bike fitted perfectly. I have even changed my bed from medium plush to hard. Now, I'm on biofreeze every night and still stretching. I have an appointment with my russian massage therapist for this week. Any thoughts out there? Regards, Freddie

That doesn't sound pleasant. Have you seen a doctor about this? I think pain that's lasted several months should warrant medical attention.

I just came back from a ski trip where I burned my legs up at high altitude. That being said I have in the past had thyroid problems caused by stress. To make a long story short I experienced symptoms last week before returning home. Anxiety, shortness of breath and pain and stiffness in my shoulders, maybe triggered by 12000 feet elevation and high physical activity. Most of the symptoms are gone except for all of the soreness in my upper back.
I am just pointing out that many things can cause muscle and soft tissue problems.
You may want to get a Doc. to check you out.

In California, there's TONS of acupuncturists. I personally treat a LOT of lower back, sciatic, and even pudendal nerve pain with acupuncture and cold-laser therapy. If you haven't tried it yet I urge you to look into it. I have articles explaining both back pain and pudendal nerve pain on the newsroom page of my website located here