Lower Back Pain!

jsirabella said:
Can you be more specific how you were able to get rid of the rocking? Which type of seat did you switch to?
Specialized Toupe. My sitz bones measured ~125mm so they recommended the 143mm wide saddle. The other thing I like about it is that it encourages me to keep my pelvis rotated forward which also helps to alleviate some of my LBP.

Per one of the "saddle threads", this is a very personal choice. Try several to see what works for you.
jsirabella said:
I do lots of stretching and core...what area do you feel most helpful to stretch other than the lower back?
QL's, hips, glutes, and hamstrings. I also spend quality time most every day on my foam roller (back, IT band, and quads). I've also implemented some stuff by Pete Egoscue (Pain Free). Personally, I think that he comes across as something of a quack and/or a$$hole and a few things he recommends actually help.

Dave

n crowley said:
Obviously you have never heard the old saying, the most effective cycling muscle training is best done on the bike.
Actually you might be surprised to know that I have. I've just grown wary of the quackery you espouse.

Also, I never mentioned anything about the off-bike work I do for my LB effecting my performance on the bike one way or another. It's done to make the other 95% of my life more easily enjoyable.

Dave

General 'back stretches' combined with a psoas stretch, helps me lots...

... as did switching to PowerCranks but that's another topic entirely. ;) I'm all out of bait and don't have a net - so I won't be fishing on responses and questions about this in this thread. :p