lowering of metabolism after weight loss

wendy wrote:
:: Roger Zoul wrote:
:::: All evidence
:::: is going
:::: the other way.
:::
:::
::: And you know this how? Most who generate this "evidence" aren't
::: even trying.
::
:: The increasing rates of obesity throughout the world. Over half of
:: the people are on a diet at any one time. They may not be trying
:: hard enough for you but they are trying.

And how do you know this? Obviously, they aren't eating a little less than
they burn. Why? Who knows, but it is likely that they really don't want
to. It's easier not to.

::
::: Many yogis can control their breathing so they can stay
:::
:::: in a coffin for days. It's possible. Can the other 99.999956% of
:::: humanity? Unlikely.
:::
::: Meaningless.
::
:: Not if you can tell the difference between something that is easily
:: under your control and something that is barely on the edge of
:: control. What is meaningless is your simplistic and magical idea of
:: just eat less.

Okay, obviously if you think "eat less" is somehow magical than you're
doomed to never lose any weight. And if you're a normal weight, then you're
completely clueless about the subject.

Losing weight and keeping it off is hard work, there's no doubt. It's not
simple to do. What needs to be done IS simple, however, and anyone who
wishes to do so can do it if they want to do it. If you eat less than you
burn you'll lose weight. It has to be done consistently over time for the
reality of the statement to become evident to the individual, but it's been
proven over and over.

Roger Zoul wrote:

> wendy wrote:
> :: Roger Zoul wrote:
> :::: All evidence
> :::: is going
> :::: the other way.
> :::
> :::
> ::: And you know this how? Most who generate this "evidence" aren't
> ::: even trying.
> ::
> :: The increasing rates of obesity throughout the world. Over half of
> :: the people are on a diet at any one time. They may not be trying
> :: hard enough for you but they are trying.
>
> And how do you know this? Obviously, they aren't eating a little less than
> they burn. Why? Who knows, but it is likely that they really don't want
> to. It's easier not to.
>
> ::
> ::: Many yogis can control their breathing so they can stay
> :::
> :::: in a coffin for days. It's possible. Can the other 99.999956% of
> :::: humanity? Unlikely.
> :::
> ::: Meaningless.
> ::
> :: Not if you can tell the difference between something that is easily
> :: under your control and something that is barely on the edge of
> :: control. What is meaningless is your simplistic and magical idea of
> :: just eat less.
>
> Okay, obviously if you think "eat less" is somehow magical than you're
> doomed to never lose any weight. And if you're a normal weight, then you're
> completely clueless about the subject.
>
> Losing weight and keeping it off is hard work, there's no doubt. It's not
> simple to do.

Actually it is simple:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/wtloss.asp

The choice to befriend the healthier appetite that arises from
decreasing intake down to the **right** amount is a difficult choice for
many to make.

Truth **is** simple.

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?V113154DA
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

blash wrote:

> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD announces again:
>
> << I have written that there are **more** than 625,550 people with **more**
> than 5 years experience with the 2PD-OMER Approach. All have **not**
> regained what they have lost in weight.>>
>
> I'm sure Chung will be glad to provide a "believable" link to substantiate
> this ridiculous statement...........
> However, it "could" be true if they're all dead........

The experiences of these people have been publicly presented and
discussed before an audience made up of medical professionals and
general public:

http://www.geocities.com/todayswoman2005/

The governor of the state of Georgia is also aware:

http://www.heartmdphd.com/press.asp

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?V113154DA
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD tap-dances:

> blash wrote:
>>
>> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD announces again:
>>
>> << I have written that there are **more** than 625,550 people with **more**
>> than 5 years experience with the 2PD-OMER Approach. All have **not**
>> regained what they have lost in weight.>>
>>
>> I'm sure Chung will be glad to provide a "believable" link to substantiate
>> this ridiculous statement...........
>> However, it "could" be true if they're all dead........

> The experiences of these people have been publicly presented and
> discussed before an audience made up of medical professionals and
> general public:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/todayswoman2005/

Now, THAT'S impressive.........."Celebrating the Modern Woman" presented by
The Marietta Lions Club and East Cobb Lions Club Foundation.........(and it
also included a Family Fashion Show by Belk Department Stores)....WOW!!!!
Is that a new medical society???

blash wrote:

> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD tap-dances:
>
> > blash wrote:
> >>
> >> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD announces again:
> >>
> >> << I have written that there are **more** than 625,550 people with **more**
> >> than 5 years experience with the 2PD-OMER Approach. All have **not**
> >> regained what they have lost in weight.>>
> >>
> >> I'm sure Chung will be glad to provide a "believable" link to substantiate
> >> this ridiculous statement...........
> >> However, it "could" be true if they're all dead........

> > The experiences of these people have been publicly presented and
> > discussed before an audience made up of medical professionals and
> > general public:
> >
> > http://www.geocities.com/todayswoman2005/

> Now, THAT'S impressive.........."Celebrating the Modern Woman" presented by
> The Marietta Lions Club and East Cobb Lions Club Foundation.........(and it
> also included a Family Fashion Show by Belk Department Stores)....WOW!!!!
> Is that a new medical society???

The Lions Club is the largest civic organization in the world.

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?V113154DA
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

in article [email protected], Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD at
[email protected] wrote on 4/15/05 10:03 AM:

>> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD tap-dances:

>>> The experiences of these people have been publicly presented and
>>> discussed before an audience made up of medical professionals and
>>> general public:
>>>
>>> http://www.geocities.com/todayswoman2005/

>> Now, THAT'S impressive.........."Celebrating the Modern Woman" presented by
>> The Marietta Lions Club and East Cobb Lions Club Foundation.........(and it
>> also included a Family Fashion Show by Belk Department Stores)....WOW!!!!
>> Is that a new medical society???

> The Lions Club is the largest civic organization in the world.

This may start a new trend.........presenting medical claims to a group
of ladies at a lunch/fashion show instead of publishing papers in medical
journals..........It sure would avoid a lot of scrutiny and tough questions
like trying to substantiate "that there are **more** than 625,550 people
with **more** than 5 years experience with the 2PD-OMER Approach. All have
**not** regained what they have lost in weight."
VERY CLEVER!!!
P.S. I'm hurt......you didn't call me "dear"...........

blash wrote:

> in article [email protected], Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD at
> [email protected] wrote on 4/15/05 10:03 AM:
>
> >> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD tap-dances:

> >> Now, THAT'S impressive.........."Celebrating the Modern Woman" presented by
> >> The Marietta Lions Club and East Cobb Lions Club Foundation.........(and it
> >> also included a Family Fashion Show by Belk Department Stores)....WOW!!!!
> >> Is that a new medical society???

> > The Lions Club is the largest civic organization in the world.

> This may start a new trend.........presenting medical claims to a group
> of ladies at a lunch/fashion show instead of publishing papers in medical
> journals..........It sure would avoid a lot of scrutiny and tough questions
> like trying to substantiate "that there are **more** than 625,550 people
> with **more** than 5 years experience with the 2PD-OMER Approach. All have
> **not** regained what they have lost in weight."
> VERY CLEVER!!!
> P.S. I'm hurt......you didn't call me "dear"...........

I suspect the truth has indeed hurt you mortally.

At His service,

Andrew

--

GaryG wrote:
> You seem to be a very negative person...specifically, a "toxic personality".

I see the light. Wishing makes it so. Picture me tossing rose buds in
the air. It's not negative to try and figure out what really is going on
without resorting to the brainless eat-less mantra.

> Do you ever get referred to as "Whiny Wendy"?

Only when i fart.

> Other than a forum for you to vent about how impossible it is to lose weight
> (something many of the regular posters here have managed, somehow, to do),

It's not impossible. And some people run 4 minute miles, that doesn't
mean everyone can. On a population basis what is likely?

> what's the point of this thread? While it's ostensibly a thread to discuss
> a study on starved rat metabolism, it's really telling us much more about
> your outlook on life, and your personal issues in coming to grips with your
> weight.

I think it says more about you really.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> She seems she is paralyzed by her fear of hunger.

You are worse psychologist than detective. I guess to understand how
cancer works is really to be in fear?

> Hopefully the following truths will help her:

Your truths are what you make up in your head then justify with the
convenient mechanism of religion.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD makes yet another bad guess:

<<I suspect the truth has indeed hurt you mortally.>>

WRONG AGAIN Andy!!!!
Whatever hospital you practice at(if any), should check out your
guesswork.......the results are NOT very impressive........
However, between your grandiose claims and your tendency towards the
"slight" bending of facts, I can see a great future for you in the Used Car
industry.........
Good Luck............

"wendy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GaryG wrote:
> > You seem to be a very negative person...specifically, a "toxic

personality".

> I see the light. Wishing makes it so. Picture me tossing rose buds in
> the air. It's not negative to try and figure out what really is going on
> without resorting to the brainless eat-less mantra.
>
> > Do you ever get referred to as "Whiny Wendy"?

> Only when i fart.

That would be "Windy Wendy"

The eat-less mantra seems to work for all who have been successful in their
weightloss efforts. It even works for those of us who have a few minor road
blocks in our path - such as menopause, limited ability to exercise, etc.

Beverly wrote:

> "wendy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > GaryG wrote:
> > > You seem to be a very negative person...specifically, a "toxic

> personality".
> >
> > I see the light. Wishing makes it so. Picture me tossing rose buds in
> > the air. It's not negative to try and figure out what really is going on
> > without resorting to the brainless eat-less mantra.
> >
> > > Do you ever get referred to as "Whiny Wendy"?

> > Only when i fart.
> >

> That would be "Windy Wendy"
>
> The eat-less mantra seems to work for all who have been successful in their
> weightloss efforts.

Decreasing intake down to the **right** amount does work every time for
helping folks achieve lasting weight loss:

blash wrote:

> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD makes yet another bad guess:
>
> <<I suspect the truth has indeed hurt you mortally.>>
>
> WRONG AGAIN Andy!!!!

The yelling betrays your mortal injury.

At His service,

Andrew

--

wendy wrote:

> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> > She seems she is paralyzed by her fear of hunger.

> You are worse psychologist than detective. I guess to understand how
> cancer works is really to be in fear?
>
> > Hopefully the following truths will help her:

> Your truths are what you make up in your head then justify with the
> convenient mechanism of religion.

Sorry the truth bothers you terribly.

At His service,

Andrew

--

Andy writes:

<< The yelling betrays your mortal injury.>>

I do have a hang-nail........
Any other brilliant deductions???

Just a suggestion...... when you finally change your sig line, one that is
very appropriate would be:

"You're all just jealous because the voices only talk to me"

Beverly wrote:
> The eat-less mantra seems to work for all who have been successful in their
> weightloss efforts. It even works for those of us who have a few minor road
> blocks in our path - such as menopause, limited ability to exercise, etc.

If you are able to do and it works for you then that's great.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> Decreasing intake down to the **right** amount does work every time for
> helping folks achieve lasting weight loss:

That's the same for any diet. If you could stay on any diet that would
work. But people don't stay on a diet. And I know, your approach isn't a
diet.

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:13:45 -0400, blash <[email protected]> Huffed
and Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:

>Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD announces again:
>
><< I have written that there are **more** than 625,550 people with **more**
>than 5 years experience with the 2PD-OMER Approach. All have **not**
>regained what they have lost in weight.>>
>
>I'm sure Chung will be glad to provide a "believable" link to substantiate
>this ridiculous statement...........
>However, it "could" be true if they're all dead........

The dates don't support his claims.

wendy wrote:

> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> > Decreasing intake down to the **right** amount does work every time for
> > helping folks achieve lasting weight loss:

> That's the same for any diet. If you could stay on any diet that would
> work. But people don't stay on a diet. And I know, your approach isn't a
> diet.

Only in writing that the 2PD-OMER Approach is not a diet are you
correct.

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?V113154DA
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:50:45 -0700, wendy <[email protected]> Huffed
and Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:

>Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>> Decreasing intake down to the **right** amount does work every time for
>> helping folks achieve lasting weight loss:

>That's the same for any diet. If you could stay on any diet that would
>work. But people don't stay on a diet. And I know, your approach isn't a
>diet.

the why is it called the 2 pound Diet?