lowering of metabolism after weight loss

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> There is wisdom in abiding by the Lord's will and His timing.

There is also wisdom in using the brain god gave you to show proof
scientifically. To not do so is a misuse of the gift.

> You will simply have to wait. You state below that this would not be a
> problem for you. Your response was anticipated by my Lord.

That you know what is in the mind of god is truly impressive, one might
say meglomatic.

"sherry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Doug Freese" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>> As soon as you
>> dub your eating at a "diet" and not eating properly you are doomed to
>> fail.

> This is something that has bothered me, every time I use the word diet I
> get that "temporary solution" connotation running through my head

Yeah, WOE (way of eating) doesn't exactly cut it as an inspirational label
either! Gotta be a better word.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/4.5/<6 Weight 95/77/72Kg
1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine

Stacey Bender wrote:

> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> > There is wisdom in abiding by the Lord's will and His timing.

> There is also wisdom in using the brain god gave you to show proof
> scientifically. To not do so is a misuse of the gift.

Actually "scientific proof" is an oxymoron.

> > You will simply have to wait. You state below that this would not be a
> > problem for you. Your response was anticipated by my Lord.

> That you know what is in the mind of god is truly impressive, one might
> say meglomatic.

In truth, I am unable to read my Lord's mind.

Nevertheless, it remains my choice to continue to walk with Him.

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1D5217EA
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?V113154DA
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> Stacey Bender wrote:
> Actually "scientific proof" is an oxymoron.

I have often thought science was a waste of time.

>>>You will simply have to wait. You state below that this would not be a
>>>problem for you. Your response was anticipated by my Lord.

>>That you know what is in the mind of god is truly impressive, one might
>>say meglomatic.

> In truth, I am unable to read my Lord's mind.

Yet you said you did know what was in its mind. I wonder why that was?

Stacey Bender wrote:

> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> > Stacey Bender wrote:
> > Actually "scientific proof" is an oxymoron.

> I have often thought science was a waste of time.

It is if you are looking to prove something. It isn't if you are
interesting in studying what God has made.

> >>That you know what is in the mind of god is truly impressive, one might
> >>say meglomatic.

> > In truth, I am unable to read my Lord's mind.

> Yet you said you did know what was in its mind. I wonder why that was?

Your belief that you have been hearing my voice suggests that you might
be psychotic. Are you taking medications for schizophrenia?

Nevertheless, you will be in my prayers, dear Stacey whom I love, in
Lord Jesus' holy name.

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1D5217EA
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?V113154DA
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Stacey Bender wrote:
> >
> > Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
> > > Stacey Bender wrote:
> > > Actually "scientific proof" is an oxymoron.

> > I have often thought science was a waste of time.

> It is if you are looking to prove something. It isn't if you are
> interesting in studying what God has made.

might

> > > In truth, I am unable to read my Lord's mind.

> > Yet you said you did know what was in its mind. I wonder why that was?

> Your belief that you have been hearing my voice suggests that you might
> be psychotic. Are you taking medications for schizophrenia?

Wow, Andy...implying she has a mental disorder. That's kind of harsh for an
ostensible "Christian"...on a Sunday, too.

You're usually more into the passive-agressive response than this.

Are you upset? Or, are you projecting again?

GG

GaryG wrote:

> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Stacey Bender wrote:

> > > I have often thought science was a waste of time.

> > It is if you are looking to prove something. It isn't if you are
> > interesting in studying what God has made.

> might

> > > Yet you said you did know what was in its mind. I wonder why that was?

> > Your belief that you have been hearing my voice suggests that you might
> > be psychotic. Are you taking medications for schizophrenia?

> Wow, Andy...implying she has a mental disorder. That's kind of harsh for an
> ostensible "Christian"...on a Sunday, too.

Your judgment.

> You're usually more into the passive-agressive response than this.

More judgement.

> Are you upset?

No.

> Or, are you projecting again?

No.

Truth is simple.

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1D5217EA
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?V113154DA
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GaryG wrote:
> >
> > "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > It is if you are looking to prove something. It isn't if you are
> > > interesting in studying what God has made.

not be

> > might

was?

> > > Your belief that you have been hearing my voice suggests that you

might
> > > be psychotic. Are you taking medications for schizophrenia?

> > Wow, Andy...implying she has a mental disorder. That's kind of harsh

for an
> > ostensible "Christian"...on a Sunday, too.

> Your judgment.

As was your judgement that she was hearing voices and is possibly psychotic.

Nowhere did she imply that she heard your voice...so you either lied about
that, or were just being mean. But, I can understand why you would be
upset, because she was making some pretty good points about the lack of any
scientific evidence to support your self-worshipping claims.

BTW, does Christ say it's OK to call someone "psychotic" on a Sunday? Or,
any day? I don't seem to recall that passage in the Bible.

How does calling someone psychotic relate to "love your neighbor"?

GG

> > You're usually more into the passive-agressive response than this.

> More judgement.
>
> > Are you upset?

> No.
>
> > Or, are you projecting again?

> No.
>
> Truth is simple.
>

> At His service,
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
> Board-Certified Cardiologist
>
> **
> Suggested Reading:
> (1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1D5217EA
> (2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?V113154DA
> (3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
> (4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
> (5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
> (6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
> (7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

It seems your purpose here is to be argumentative.

Nevertheless, you remain in my prayers, dear Gary whom I love, in Lord
Jesus' holy name.

At His service,

Andrew

--

GaryG wrote:

> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > GaryG wrote:
> > >
> > > "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> not be

> > > might

> was?

> might
> > >
> > > Wow, Andy...implying she has a mental disorder. That's kind of harsh

> for an
> > > ostensible "Christian"...on a Sunday, too.

> > Your judgment.

> As was your judgement that she was hearing voices and is possibly psychotic.
>
> Nowhere did she imply that she heard your voice...so you either lied about
> that, or were just being mean. But, I can understand why you would be
> upset, because she was making some pretty good points about the lack of any
> scientific evidence to support your self-worshipping claims.
>
> BTW, does Christ say it's OK to call someone "psychotic" on a Sunday? Or,
> any day? I don't seem to recall that passage in the Bible.
>
> How does calling someone psychotic relate to "love your neighbor"?
>
> GG
>

> > > You're usually more into the passive-agressive response than this.

> > More judgement.
> >
> > > Are you upset?

> > No.
> >
> > > Or, are you projecting again?

> > No.
> >
> > Truth is simple.
> >

> > At His service,
> >
> > Andrew
> >
> > --
> > Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
> > Board-Certified Cardiologist
> >
> > **
> > Suggested Reading:
> > (1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1D5217EA
> > (2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?V113154DA
> > (3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
> > (4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
> > (5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
> > (6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
> > (7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It seems your purpose here is to be argumentative.

It seems your purpose is to avoid the issue, Andrew.

It's understandable that you would find it necessary to do so, given the
corner you've painted yourself into. It's also illustrative that you found
it necessary to snip the entire thread before responding to me.

Anyway, getting back to the question at hand...in your previous post you
strongly inferred that the poster is "psychotic". My simple question to you
is, how do you reconcile that with your stated Christian beliefs?

If you impugned her mental state because you were upset at the time, don't
you think you owe her an apology?

BTW - your calling someone else "argumentative" is the height of irony,
Andrew.

GG

> Nevertheless, you remain in my prayers, dear Gary whom I love, in Lord
> Jesus' holy name.
>
> At His service,
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
> Board-Certified Cardiologist
>
> **
> Suggested Reading:
> (1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1D5217EA
> (2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?V113154DA
> (3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
> (4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
> (5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
> (6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
> (7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129
>

> GaryG wrote:
> >
> > "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

would
> > not be

one

that
> > was?

> > might

harsh
> > for an
> > >
> > > Your judgment.

> > As was your judgement that she was hearing voices and is possibly

psychotic.

> > Nowhere did she imply that she heard your voice...so you either lied

about
> > that, or were just being mean. But, I can understand why you would be
> > upset, because she was making some pretty good points about the lack of

any
> > scientific evidence to support your self-worshipping claims.
> >
> > BTW, does Christ say it's OK to call someone "psychotic" on a Sunday?

Or,
> > any day? I don't seem to recall that passage in the Bible.
> >
> > How does calling someone psychotic relate to "love your neighbor"?
> >
> > GG

> > > More judgement.

> > > No.

> > > No.
> > >
> > > Truth is simple.
> > >

> > > At His service,
> > >
> > > Andrew
> > >
> > > --
> > > Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
> > > Board-Certified Cardiologist
> > >
> > > **
> > > Suggested Reading:
> > > (1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1D5217EA
> > > (2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?V113154DA
> > > (3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
> > > (4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
> > > (5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
> > > (6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
> > > (7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

> Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist wrote:
> Nevertheless, you remain in my prayers, dear Gary whom I love, in Lord
> Jesus' holy name. At His service, Andrew

Questions: Being a cardiologist, do you have your patients on
whole natural Vitamin B complex? btw, whole natural Vitamin B complex
includes Vitamin B-4.

Also, do you have your patients on whole natural Vitamin E complex?
btw, whole natural Vitamin E complex includes Vitamin E-2 and E-3.

For additional information, see www.healthalert.com .
A commerical company called "Standard Process" sells these types of
nutrients.

Then you really would be At His service for your patients.

George Lagergren wrote:

> > Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist wrote:
> > Nevertheless, you remain in my prayers, dear Gary whom I love, in Lord
> > Jesus' holy name. At His service, Andrew

> Questions: Being a cardiologist, do you have your patients on
> whole natural Vitamin B complex? btw, whole natural Vitamin B complex
> includes Vitamin B-4.
>
> Also, do you have your patients on whole natural Vitamin E complex?
> btw, whole natural Vitamin E complex includes Vitamin E-2 and E-3.
>
> For additional information, see www.healthalert.com .
> A commerical company called "Standard Process" sells these types of
> nutrients.

What is your relationship with these commercial companies?

At His service,

Andrew

--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
Suggested Reading:
(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?G1D5217EA
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?V113154DA
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

> George Lagergren wrote:
> >
> > > Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-Certified Cardiologist wrote:
> > > Nevertheless, you remain in my prayers, dear Gary whom I love, in Lord
> > > Jesus' holy name. At His service, Andrew

> > Questions: Being a cardiologist, do you have your patients on
> > whole natural Vitamin B complex? btw, whole natural Vitamin B

complex
> > includes Vitamin B-4.
> >
> > Also, do you have your patients on whole natural Vitamin E complex?
> > btw, whole natural Vitamin E complex includes Vitamin E-2 and E-3.
> >
> > For additional information, see www.healthalert.com .
> > A commerical company called "Standard Process" sells these types

of
> > nutrients.

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> replied:
> What is your relationship with these commercial companies?

None. I am an end-user of their nutrition products.

"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It seems your purpose here is to be argumentative.

Good morning, Andy. Did you have time to reflect overnight on your behavior
yesterday, when you strongly inferred that a poster was hearing voices, and
was "psychotic" (see below, and previous posts)?

It's very unusual for you not to respond...you're normally a prolific, and
indefatigable poster (you almost always insist on getting in the last word).
Therefore, your silence in this matter is most informative.

To recap my questions to you:

1) How do you reconcile your Christian beliefs, with your actions calling
someone "psychotic"?

2) Do you feel bad for calling her a psychotic on the Sabbath?

3) Did you make a mistake in calling her psychotic, and do you owe her an
apology? (in your judgement, of course :) )

GG

wendy wrote:
> Ignoramus21798 wrote:
> > It all depends on how much you want it.

> So if you want it bad enough you can be a four minute miler? I think
> not. Your physical body establishes what is ultimately possible.
>
> >Numerous people lose weight
> > and keep it off, not without difficulties. It is not impossible.

> Nor is it easy enough to expect even the majority of people to be

able
> to do it.

Rebound is common because people do not make the requisite LIFESTYLE
change. They simply go back to their former ways of eating and not
exercising...they start a diet with the expectation that it is a
temporary thing when they should be looking at altering their lifestyle
permanently !

People start these ridiculous diet schemes and exercise
regimes...doomed to fail at the get go.

gman99 wrote:
> Rebound is common because people do not make the requisite LIFESTYLE
> change.

I think the difficulty is a ligestyle is really part of an environment
and the environment is 100% designed to help you stay fat. Having to
rely on a lifetime of motivation to maintain a lifestyle is why so few
people can keep the weight off.

"gman99" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Rebound is common because people do not make the requisite LIFESTYLE
> change. They simply go back to their former ways of eating and not
> exercising...

if people lose weight to fast they also lose a lot of muscle.
then they gain the weight back minus the muscle that was lost
and usaully end up in worse shape.

George Lagergren wrote:

> > > Questions: Being a cardiologist, do you have your patients on
> > > whole natural Vitamin B complex? btw, whole natural Vitamin B

> complex
> > > includes Vitamin B-4.
> > >
> > > Also, do you have your patients on whole natural Vitamin E complex?
> > > btw, whole natural Vitamin E complex includes Vitamin E-2 and E-3.
> > >
> > > For additional information, see www.healthalert.com .
> > > A commerical company called "Standard Process" sells these types

> of
> > > nutrients.

> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> replied:
> > What is your relationship with these commercial companies?

> None. I am an end-user of their nutrition products.

Ok. Why do you advocate their products over those from other companies?

At His service,

Andrew

--

(1) http://makeashorterlink.com/?L26062048
(2) http://makeashorterlink.com/?V113154DA
(3) http://makeashorterlink.com/?X1C62661A
(4) http://makeashorterlink.com/?U1E13130A
(5) http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6F72510A
(6) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I24E5151A
(7) http://makeashorterlink.com/?I22222129

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:34:35 -0700, Stacey Bender <[email protected]>
Huffed and Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:

>Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
>> Stacey Bender wrote:
>> Actually "scientific proof" is an oxymoron.

>I have often thought science was a waste of time.

>>>That you know what is in the mind of god is truly impressive, one might
>>>say meglomatic.

>> In truth, I am unable to read my Lord's mind.

>Yet you said you did know what was in its mind. I wonder why that was?

he's off his anti psychotics again.

Thomas Muffaletto wrote:
> "gman99" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Rebound is common because people do not make the requisite

LIFESTYLE
> > change. They simply go back to their former ways of eating and not
> > exercising...

> if people lose weight to fast they also lose a lot of muscle.
> then they gain the weight back minus the muscle that was lost
> and usaully end up in worse shape.

Most people who lose weight quickly lose a lot of water. Most have
little muscle to lose, if a calorie deficit is maintained more of the
weight will come from fat loss. The body will burn fat preferentially
over muscle in most instances...slow and easy is better as it allows
your body adjust metabolism instead of getting a starvation response.