lubing your susp'n fork

Status

Frank

Guest
what do you use for the weekly lube? Not talking about taking it apart to overhaul. Just the lube
you would put on the stanchions or under the washer... thanks for your advice.. to many products out
there, dont' know who to trust.

"Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:MW3fb.7048$pl3.4405@pd7tw3no...
> what do you use for the weekly lube? Not talking about taking it apart to overhaul. Just the lube
> you would put on the stanchions or under the washer... thanks for your advice.. to many products
> out there, dont' know who to trust.

I don't bother with my Marzocchi's. If I did I would use the same fork oil that's in it.

Mike

"Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:MW3fb.7048$pl3.4405@pd7tw3no...
> what do you use for the weekly lube? Not talking about taking it apart to overhaul. Just the lube
> you would put on the stanchions or under the washer... thanks for your advice.. to many products
> out there, dont' know who to trust.

Silicone spray from any auto parts store. It will mist easily so hold a rag below the stanchions, to
keep it off of any braking parts. Spray your derailleurs while your at it.

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing. The rest I've just wasted.

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 01:04:44 GMT, "Frank" <[email protected]> wrote:

>what do you use for the weekly lube? Not talking about taking it
apart to
>overhaul. Just the lube you would put on the stanchions or under the washer... thanks for your
>advice.. to many products out there, dont'
know
>who to trust.

What is this "weekly lube" thing that you write about?

pete fagerlin

::Revolutionary! Evolutionary! Yet so retro! :www.yestubes.com

> "Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:MW3fb.7048$pl3.4405@pd7tw3no...
> > what do you use for the weekly lube? Not talking about taking it apart
> > overhaul. Just the lube you would put on the stanchions or under the washer... thanks for your
> > advice.. to many products out there, dont'
know
> > who to trust.
> >

> I don't bother with my Marzocchi's. If I did I would use the same fork
oil
> that's in it.
>
> Mike

Ditto - really no need to do it on the marz.

Otherwise, read your manual, but silicone spray is probably the way to go.

Jon Bond

> "Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:MW3fb.7048$pl3.4405@pd7tw3no...
>> what do you use for the weekly lube? Not talking about taking it apart to overhaul. Just the lube
>> you would put on the stanchions or under the washer... thanks for your advice.. to many products
>> out there, dont' know who to trust.
>>

> Silicone spray from any auto parts store. It will mist easily so hold a rag below the stanchions,
> to keep it off of any braking parts. Spray your derailleurs while your at it.

Second that!

> --
> DTW .../\.../\.../\...
>
> I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing. The rest I've just wasted.

Hang your fork or bike upside down. The oil in the bottom of your fork should soak your foam ring or
whatever is under your stanction seal.

"jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hang your fork or bike upside down. The oil in the bottom of your fork should soak your foam ring
> or whatever is under your stanction seal.

Not if the oil seals on your Marzocchi fork are working the way they should. That's why Marzocchi
recommends regular cleaning and lubing (with silicone grease) of the area between the outside dust
seal and the inner oil seal.

how about teflon lube?

D T W .../\... <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%[email protected]...
> "Frank" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:MW3fb.7048$pl3.4405@pd7tw3no...
> > what do you use for the weekly lube? Not talking about taking it apart
> > overhaul. Just the lube you would put on the stanchions or under the washer... thanks for your
> > advice.. to many products out there, dont'
know
> > who to trust.
> >

> Silicone spray from any auto parts store. It will mist easily so hold a rag below the stanchions,
> to keep it off of any braking parts. Spray
your
> derailleurs while your at it.
>
> --
>
> I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing. The rest I've just wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.