Lubricating a treadmill belt

J

Josho

My wife and I own a treadmill -- a Nordictrak (Proform) with a carpeted belt. We use it at least 3
times a week (alternating days with a recumbent bike).

Well, I need to lubricate the belt at least every 6 months. The usual procedure for this is to
squirt the supplied lubricant between the belt and the deck.

The problem is this: the lubricant seems outrageously expensive. It comes in a tiny vial, good for a
single use, and it costs over $10. I suspect that it's probably something that's widely available,
and no doubt for a much more sane price.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the proper lubricant might be.

Thanks in advance for any good info...

Josh

White Lithium spray lube from the hardware or auto parts store. Use it often and try to get as much
cleaned off before adding more each time. I have been using it on my treadmill that gets a lot more
work than yours (I also lube it a lot more often) and it has worked fine for 7 years now. Only
problem was an electronic control problem.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Josho" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> My wife and I own a treadmill -- a Nordictrak (Proform) with a carpeted belt. We use it at least 3
> times a week (alternating days with a recumbent bike).
>
> Well, I need to lubricate the belt at least every 6 months. The usual procedure for this is to
> squirt the supplied lubricant between the belt and the deck.
>
> The problem is this: the lubricant seems outrageously expensive. It comes in a tiny vial, good for
> a single use, and it costs over $10. I suspect that it's probably something that's widely
> available, and no doubt for a much more sane price.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone knows what the proper lubricant might be.
>
> Thanks in advance for any good info...
>
> Josh

Just use some Silicone spray from any store with an auto section

Many thanks, Joseph...just the information I was looking for.

Thanks again, Josh

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:37:18 GMT, "Joseph Meehan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> White Lithium spray lube from the hardware or auto parts store. Use it often and try to get as
> much cleaned off before adding more each time. I have been using it on my treadmill that gets a
> lot more work than yours (I also lube it a lot more often) and it has worked fine for 7 years
> now. Only problem was an electronic control problem.
>
>--
>Joseph E. Meehan
>
>26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
>
>
>"Josho" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> My wife and I own a treadmill -- a Nordictrak (Proform) with a carpeted belt. We use it at least
>> 3 times a week (alternating days with a recumbent bike).
>>
>> Well, I need to lubricate the belt at least every 6 months. The usual procedure for this is to
>> squirt the supplied lubricant between the belt and the deck.
>>
>> The problem is this: the lubricant seems outrageously expensive. It comes in a tiny vial, good
>> for a single use, and it costs over $10. I suspect that it's probably something that's widely
>> available, and no doubt for a much more sane price.
>>
>> I'm wondering if anyone knows what the proper lubricant might be.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any good info...
>>
>> Josh

Use K-Y Jelly. It's the same stuff. And the great thing is, you probably have it around the house
already. 9 out of 10 women who sleep with joggers have to use an outside source of lubrication.
Joggers are notorious for not arousing their partners enough for self-lubing.